SF Supervisor to Introduce Legislation Forcing Nudists to Wear Clothes

Started by garbon, October 02, 2012, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

:(  Just to think; next time I whip it out in public, I could be arrested.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 01:45:00 PM
First vote of supervisors has SF becoming an anti-nudity zone.

The news piece I saw this morning exempted the usual Castro District fun days, Gay Pride and the other yearly parade thingy they do.

Heh, "thingy".

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 21, 2012, 02:04:40 PM
It hasn't been very clear on this whole thing, garbon, on where you stand. What do you think the board should do?

I don't know. I mean while I'm not so excited about the nudists, I don't know that they really cause any harm.  I also think it is rather hypocritical of SF to be like public nudity is going to be a crime unless you're participating in Bay to Breakers, Folsom Street Fair or any other of our cash cows. 

Apparently the half-nude beach, Baker Beach also gets an exemption.  That all seems strange considering Folsom and Baker Beach are places where public sex actually happens as a result of nudity!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 02:12:49 PM

The news piece I saw this morning exempted the usual Castro District fun days, Gay Pride and the other yearly parade thingy they do.

Heh, "thingy".

I was actually always disappointed by pride as the amount of nudity was pretty little compared to the rest of the year. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2012, 02:06:29 PM

For some reason I thought all public places were anti-nudity zones.

Well, that's not true. Even if you exempted out SF, plenty of places have nude parks and beaches.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:15:44 PM
I was actually always disappointed by pride as the amount of nudity was pretty little compared to the rest of the year. :D

But doesn't the Ass Score Potential Factor jump exponentially during Pride?

Oh wait, who am I kidding.  These are gays we're talking about.  Ass on tap.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:15:44 PM

But doesn't the Ass Score Potential Factor jump exponentially during Pride?

Oh wait, who am I kidding.  These are gays we're talking about.  Ass on tap.

I guess so. STD potential probably goes up to so...:x

Besides all it really meant was my hangout spots were invaded by tourists.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:16:22 PM
Well, that's not true. Even if you exempted out SF, plenty of places have nude parks and beaches.

Well yes there are specific nudist zones, but it doesn't sound like SF is messing with those.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:20:34 PM

I could see how a paunchy, middle-aged tourist from Scottsdale sitting on your favorite bar stool at the local drinkery with his sweaty naked ass would be a tremendous downer.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2012, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:16:22 PM

Well yes there are specific nudist zones, but it doesn't sound like SF is messing with those.

For the most part nudists were only walking about in the Castro/Twin Peaks area and then sometimes in SoMa (as places where nudists are unlikely to get their asses beat). One of the concerns raised on the citywide ban was that it was unnecessary as lewd nudism was really only an issue in the free-wheeling Castro.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:20:34 PM

I could see how a paunchy, middle-aged tourist from Scottsdale sitting on your favorite bar stool at the local drinkery with his sweaty naked ass would be a tremendous downer.

Yes. Such an individual is unlikely to start my apt rent.