Acting on Russian Intel, Syria shot down, murdered two Turkish pilots

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2012, 02:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteReport: Acting on Russian intel, Syria forces murdered pilots of downed Turkey jet

Al Arabiya cites leaked Syrian documents describing how Assad's forces seized Turkish crew members while still alive, and killed them following Russian 'guidance and information.'

The crew members of a Turkish fighter jet that crashed into the Mediterranean earlier this year survived the impact, only to be later killed by Syria forces following intelligence provided by Russia, the Al Arabiya network reported on Saturday, citing leaked confidential Syrian documents.

Al Arabiya's report came amid months of speculation concerning the June 22 incident, involved the suspected downing of Turkish F-4 reconnaissance jet. Turkey has accused Syria of shooting down the warplane, a claim that Damascus has  denied, saying that its forces did not intentionally shoot down the jet.

The plane's wreckage, with the bodies of the its two crew members still trapped inside, was found on the Mediterranean seabed in early July.

Earlier this month, an official report by Turkey's military indicated that the F-4 was shot down after a Syrian anti-aircraft missile exploded near it, causing it to lose its bearings and subsequently crash.

However, leaked Syrian documents obtained by Al Arabiya on Saturday, indicated that the plane's two pilots may have been still alive following the crash, with the office of Syrian President Bashar Assad reportedly ordering Syrian forces to murder the captured crew members and return their bodies to the scene of the crash.

One document obtained by Al Arabiya, reportedly sent from Assad's office to brigadier Hassan Abdel Rahman, who the network identified as the head of Syrian Special Operations, stated that "two Turkish pilots were captured by the Syrian Air Force Intelligence after their jet was shot down in coordination with the Russian naval base in Tartus."

In addition, the report claimed that the Syrian general was ordered to treat the pilots in accordance to the protocol concerning war prisoners, and that they be investigated concerning Turkey's alleged role in supporting the Syria uprising against Assad.

Citing a second leaked document, Al Arabiya quoted another order, sent by Assad's bureau to the heads of Syrian foreign intelligence, according to which unidentified Russian sources may have urged the Syrian regime to slay the Turkish prisoners.

"Based on information and guidance from the Russian leadership comes a need to eliminate the two Turkish pilots detained by the Special Operations Unit in a natural way and their bodies need to be returned to the crash site in international waters," the document reportedly said.

One document reportedly indicated that Assad was willing to consider a suggestion by a general "Bassam" to transfer the two crew members to Lebanon, where they will be held captive by Hezbollah in order to serve as future bargaining chips.

However, this suggestion was eventually rejected.

In addition, Al Arabiya reported that the Syrian documents indicated that Assad regime considered threatening Turkey with mobilizing the Kurdistan's Workers Party militant group against Ankara if Turkey decided on military action against Damascus.

Al Arabiya claims to be in possession of hundreds of classified documents that shed light on the details of an Iranian and Russian involvement in the Assad regime, showing, among other claims, that Damascus' two allies formed a joint command in Syria.

Furthermore, the leaked papers are said to indicate Hezbollah's key role in assassinating key Syrian activists as well as orchestrating large-scale bombing attacks in order to sow chaos and instability in the war-torn country.

It should be noted that the Syria regime has yet to respond to the publication. However, Syrian officials have repeatedly dismissed Al Arabiya's reports, claiming that the network, funded by the Saudi monarchy, has reported the Syrian crisis in biased manner, accusing it of urging Assad's ouster.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/report-acting-on-russian-intel-syria-forces-murdered-pilots-of-downed-turkey-jet-1.467457

Uh oh.  :ph34r:

Surprised there is no thread about it yet.

Tamas

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on September 30, 2012, 03:09:16 AM
I call BS

I wouldn't go as far as to call is bs yet, it is just an assertion by the syrian resistance. I agree with Tamas in the sense that it sounds like bs simply because the Russians are not Skeletor and do evil just because.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09/29/240805.html

this is part of a greater leak - as arab news stations seem to be getting good at now... (kudos)

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09/28/240700.html

these leaks allegedly contain lots of allegations about hizbullah bombings, support for the PKK and attempts to undermine King Abdullah in Jordan.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2012, 04:24:26 AM
it sounds like bs simply because the Russians are not Skeletor and do evil just because.
Hi, you must be new to languish!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2012, 04:51:40 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2012, 04:24:26 AM
it sounds like bs simply because the Russians are not Skeletor and do evil just because.
Hi, you must be new to languish!

Even the russians need some silly pre-existing paranoia to do shit like this.

This just looks too much like an attempt to fabricate Zimmerman telegrams for all of syria's neighbors.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zanza

Quote"Based on information and guidance from the Russian leadership comes a need to eliminate the two Turkish pilots detained by the Special Operations Unit in a natural way and their bodies need to be returned to the crash site in international waters," the document reportedly said.
The wreck is in more than 1000m deep water. I very much doubt Syria even has the technical ability to dive that deep and do fine mechanics like opening a jet fighter hatch and putting a dead body in there. Whoever came up with that conspiracy theory is a retard.

Neil

Murdered?  Why not just say killed, you fucking hippie.  You kill people in war.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2012, 07:57:39 AM
Murdered?  Why not just say killed, you fucking hippie.  You kill people in war.

Waffen SS fanboi.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2012, 07:57:39 AM

You are worse than Kurt Meyer.

Neil

:lol:

You guys know how I am.  Inter arma enim silent leges, and all that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Zanza on September 30, 2012, 05:03:42 AM
Quote"Based on information and guidance from the Russian leadership comes a need to eliminate the two Turkish pilots detained by the Special Operations Unit in a natural way and their bodies need to be returned to the crash site in international waters," the document reportedly said.
The wreck is in more than 1000m deep water. I very much doubt Syria even has the technical ability to dive that deep and do fine mechanics like opening a jet fighter hatch and putting a dead body in there. Whoever came up with that conspiracy theory is a retard.

They may have moved the wreck into deeper water afterward.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

mongers

Funny how Marti falls hook, line and sinker for mad Arab conspiracy theory crap, it's almost like he has a middle east mindset.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grinning_Colossus

It doesn't matter whether it's actually true -- what matters is whether the Turkish public believes it.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Viking

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2012, 10:12:49 AM
Funny how Marti falls hook, line and sinker for mad Arab conspiracy theory crap, it's almost like he has a middle east mindset.  :hmm:

http://www.danielpipes.org/214/dealing-with-middle-eastern-conspiracy-theories

when I read this suddenly all those conspiracy theories started making sense to me. If you actually  believe in conspiracy theories then you are prone to not only carry them out yourself but also make bad decisions assuming the other side is running a conspiracy. When keeping in mind that these people often actually  believe what they say the middle east starts to make sense.