San Francisco Is America's Best City in 2012

Started by garbon, September 26, 2012, 07:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2012, 01:53:05 PM
I don't know why, has everything going for it:  rainy and gloomy most of the time, plenty of coffee shops and Asian chicks.  Sounds like a winner to me.

Yeah so point 1 isn't a positive and point 3 is a toss up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2012, 01:56:42 PM
I don't know why, has everything going for it:  rainy and gloomy most of the time, plenty of coffee shops and Asian chicks.  Sounds like a winner to me.

Speak for yourself, sun worshipper.

FunkMonk

My brother liked San Francisco when he lived there for three years and I enjoyed visiting. Nice town.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2012, 01:57:11 PM

Perhaps that's because I've spent a lot of time in places where the sun doesn't turn things into an outdoor sauna?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2012, 02:00:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2012, 01:57:11 PM

Perhaps that's because I've spent a lot of time in places where the sun doesn't turn things into an outdoor sauna?

Unlike Mart.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2012, 02:00:28 PM

:(  Perhaps.

DGuller

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

garbon

Quote from: katmai on September 27, 2012, 02:15:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2012, 02:00:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 26, 2012, 10:13:46 PM
Wasn't good enough for Garbo though.

I was in the Bay Area for 7 years.
Palo Alto /= San Francisco

I made it to the city as much as I could. Point is - after 7 years, I was tired - which doesn't mean SF is bad.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on September 27, 2012, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2012, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 27, 2012, 10:44:54 AM
Seattle #2!  :yeah:

Which is so clearly a lie.
Not really, Seattle for years has been high on these lists.

Yeah but so does Cleveland so we can see how relevant these lists are.

Oh and CC, you voluntarily live in Canada so your opinion is already suspect.

Maximus

My biggest beefs with San Francisco are too sunny and too expensive. Seattle beats it out on both points. There are worse places though and there's a good chance I'll be living near there soon.