News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ASU disses Obama

Started by Berkut, May 13, 2009, 11:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Aside from the university president, I don't think anyone else spoke at my graduation. :unsure:

Mercifully, my graduation ceremony was short. We all walk in, the president got up, talked for like 2 minutes, then some orchestra covered something weird, like Bob Marley. Then we stood up to walk across the stage to get our diploma cover, sat back down, and that was it. On one hand, the short amateurish ceremony was a pretty fucking perfect metaphor for the university itself. But on the other hand, I had been eating Concerta like candy for about a week straight (it was BAD), so I had slept maybe 8 hours in the last 10 days.

Jaron

My school was short on money and used student speakers. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2009, 06:03:13 PM
Is it over a political issue, perhaps?  Oxford refused to give Maggie an honorary degree (of some sort or other, she was already an Oxford graduate) because the parliament of the University were opposed to her education policies.
Notre Dame is not giving him one because of abortion.  Not sure what the deal is with ASU.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2009, 11:43:05 PM
Notre Dame is not giving him one because of abortion. 

No, they're giving him one in spite of it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2009, 11:43:05 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2009, 06:03:13 PM
Is it over a political issue, perhaps?  Oxford refused to give Maggie an honorary degree (of some sort or other, she was already an Oxford graduate) because the parliament of the University were opposed to her education policies.
Notre Dame is not giving him one because of abortion.  Not sure what the deal is with ASU.

Because Obama doesn't party hard enough for ASU.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Obviously it is because Arizona is John McCain's homestate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

*cough*last state to recognize MLK Day*cough*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

At least ASU asked Obama to do something appropriate to his skill level - public speaking. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2009, 09:46:15 AM
At least ASU asked Obama to do something appropriate to his skill level - public speaking. :)
Too much Kenyan hate in you.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on May 15, 2009, 10:17:57 AM
Too much Kenyan hate in you.

I said something positive!

Sheilbh

He won't deliver a speech but Geoffrey Hill, who's possibly my favourite living poet (Derek Walcott's very strong competition) will be receiving an honorary degree when I graduate :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

We had Georgie Ann Geyer (which went well with my International Relations degree). 

Thankfully I didn't graduate the year earlier when they had: Maya Angelou :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 16, 2009, 09:29:43 AM
He won't deliver a speech but Geoffrey Hill, who's possibly my favourite living poet (Derek Walcott's very strong competition) will be receiving an honorary degree when I graduate :w00t:
Apparently Geoffrey Hill's the day before.  The day I graduate Daniel Day Lewis is getting an honourary degree :wub: :W00t:
Let's bomb Russia!