News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, What Do You Get Out Of Science

Started by CountDeMoney, September 24, 2012, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

From Mittenses' fundraiser reported today in the Los Angeles Times:

QuoteRomney's wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical  malfunction.

"I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Romney said. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no — and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

I don't know why you can't open the windows on an aircraft, either.  It's a real problem. 

HVC

well to be fair the lack of oxygen from opening the windows at altitude would help put out the fire :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
well to be fair the lack of oxygen from opening the windows at altitude would help put out the fire :P

:lol:  Among a lot of other things.

Neil

I was hoping that this thread would be interesting rather than just more beating of Romney's dead horse.  And it's not even some kind of hillarious creationism retardation.  It's just some ho hum statement.

Seedy, you are to politics what Tim is to football.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I saw that earlier as well.  He had to have been joking... right? :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
I was hoping that this thread would be interesting rather than just more beating of Romney's dead horse.  And it's not even some kind of hillarious creationism retardation.  It's just some ho hum statement.

:P  FIRE IN DA HOLE

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2012, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2012, 08:15:00 PM

:P  FIRE IN DA HOLE
they have an oitment for that ;)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I was going to say astronaut ice cream and Tang.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

i'm intrigued by this astronaut ice cream of yours. are scribes allowed?

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2012, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2012, 08:16:44 PM
they have an oitment for that ;)

I was just going to open a window.
i thought you'd be in a better mood after the ravens game. ride the politcs wave. you've got no paddle anyway :D

Viking

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2012, 08:04:17 PM

no, it would just reduce the rate of combustion. So the fire would not go out it would just burn slower.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

BTW, this guy also didn't believe in anthropogenic global warming and thought schools should teach both side of evolution vs creationism. So, him not getting how airplanes work at high altitude is not surprising.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2012, 08:19:20 PM
i'm intrigued by this astronaut ice cream of yours. are scribes allowed?
It is disgusting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Viking on September 24, 2012, 08:37:18 PM
BTW, this guy also didn't believe in anthropogenic global warming and thought schools should teach both side of evolution vs creationism. So, him not getting how airplanes work at high altitude is not surprising.
I think you're misunderstanding the problem.  But then again, I'm talking to a guy that believes that arguing semantics against grumbler is a good use of time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.