News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The China Thread

Started by Jacob, September 24, 2012, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Fate on March 21, 2020, 10:17:23 AMThe entire world should ban all travel from China or Chinese nationals until they show us definitely that this practice is gone. We can't shut down our economies like this ever again.

Need to decouple our supply chains out of that shithole, decentralize them and apply Cold War containment to China. They are an existential threat to us all.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Camerus

I wonder how much traction the Chinese "US military started the coronavirus" conspiracy theory will gain outside China. It seems to be taking firm root in the Mainland already.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Quote from: Camerus on March 21, 2020, 10:30:02 AM
I wonder how much traction the Chinese "US military started the coronavirus" conspiracy theory will gain outside China. It seems to be taking firm root in the Mainland already.
Interesting. Especially since the Chinese created it in a lab is gaining a lot of traction.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

They aren't the same. The "US military started it" conspiracy theory is being aggressively pushed by the Chinese state, including by its television networks and by its foreign ministry.

The "escaped man-made virus from a Wuhan lab" has nowhere near the same backing.

Sheilbh

I mean with that isn't it ultimately what the Chinese state is probably going to spin about this now.

Unsustainable, strict measures clamp down and reduce coronavirus to zero new domestic transmissions. The Party declares victory over coronavirus. All new transmissions can be blamed on foreigners coming in and other countries failing to take the unsustainable, strict measures China did.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on March 21, 2020, 09:09:51 AM
Saw this video the other way which is a good summary of china's market issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

:thumbsup:  sent this to my students
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Crazy_Ivan80

I've seen it crop up here by people who are generally on the not-gullible side.

Razgovory

Quote from: Camerus on March 21, 2020, 11:02:13 AM
They aren't the same. The "US military started it" conspiracy theory is being aggressively pushed by the Chinese state, including by its television networks and by its foreign ministry.

The "escaped man-made virus from a Wuhan lab" has nowhere near the same backing.

Give it time, Trump has been moving in that direction recently and several members of his party have already gone there (along with some totally-not-aligned-with-the-Nazi media outlets like OAN)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2020, 11:30:12 AM

Turns out CdM was entirely right.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

The idea is widely ridiculed in HK  :ph34r:

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2020, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2020, 11:30:12 AM

Turns out CdM was entirely right.

Wish this spurred him to come back for an I TOLD YOU SO ASSBURGERS, victory tour.

Eddie Teach

I had hoped this quarantine would make at least one former poster come back out of sheer boredom. Hasn't happened yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 21, 2020, 05:43:38 PM
I had hoped this quarantine would make at least one former poster come back out of sheer boredom. Hasn't happened yet.

Fromagia?  Pedrito?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?