News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

94 Elements

Started by Syt, September 24, 2012, 05:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A project with short films about the 94 naturally occurring elements (is that figure right?):

http://www.94elements.com/

QuoteThere are 94 naturally occuring elements, from hydrogen to plutonium. Together they make up everything in the world.

94 Elements is a global filmmaking project, exploring our lives through the lens of the elements. Everything that surrounds us is made from these 94 building blocks, each with its own properties and personality. Our own bodies are mostly made from just 6 of them.

The stories of the elements are the stories of our own lives. They reveal the patterns of our economies and the state of our relationships with our natural resources. The project is in part a celebration of the art of documentary film and some of the best filmmakers working today are making new films for the project. There'll also be opportunities for talented new and emerging filmmakers and animators to pitch their own films, with the winners chosen by you - the project community.

The Mix Lab is an experimental feature we'll be developing further. Create compounds by combining individual elements and link them to your own films. Explore and discover other user's films by cracking the formulas to their compounds.

The next stage of the project will introduce interactive tools and visualisations around our use of our natural resources. We'll be working with designers, coders, economists and geologists to create a unique perspective on our relationships with our mineral resources.

Interesting. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Bah. I routinely encounter other elements.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

So currently this is the 4 element project?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.