News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Torchlight II

Started by Syt, September 23, 2012, 12:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

. . . is out for 19 European or United-Statesian Monetary Units.

Reviews are glowing so far. The general sentiment seems to be "Diablo 3 without the crappy bits" (always online requirement, auction hall . . . ).

Anyone taken the plunge? I might have, but I have my hands full with FTL and Alea Jacta Est for now.

I did enjoy Torchlight I a fair bit, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

The RPS review:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/20/wot-i-think-torchlight-2/

QuoteIt's pretty much perfect at being something we already know. It really makes no efforts to take the genre anywhere new. That was enormously disappointing when Diablo III did it, while also strangling itself in moronic DRM, bugs and issues. With a game in such a fantastic state as Torchlight 2, it's instead just a bit of a shame. There was a chance to innovate a lot more here, and while I don't think for a moment that anyone buying this would be the least bit disappointed in any of it, it would still have been nice to see a significant step forward here.

But you can't take much away from "pretty much perfect". Torchlight 2 is a stunning game, as engrossing and evening-eating as you could hope, all so wonderfully presented. It's smart, witty, and pretty, and it stands as a shining example of the genre.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

I had it pre-ordered, an internet friend owed me $20 so he just bought me the game, and I have installed it but haven't played it yet.  I am lookign forward to it based on reviews and how much I liked the first one.

The Brain

Played an Engineer to level 21 so far. What can be said? It's Torchlight. Personally I'm not the hugest fan but I haven't played MP yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

I do. My gf & I play COOP.

It's a modern ARPG, it's wonderfull.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

I think my experience with Dialbo 3 killed any interest I have in this kind of game.  Besides with limited time these days Guild wars and stronghold kingdoms have my attention atm.

I might give it a try if I ever get a moment but that probably wont be for a long time.

Scipio

I'm enjoying the Demo, playing Veteran Hardcore.  I've tried three of the four character types.  So far, I like the Engineer and Embermage the best.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

PRC

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2012, 12:33:59 AM
Alea Jacta Est

I didn't see a thread for this game... how is it?

Syt

Haven't played much yet. Only a couple turns in the Sulla-Marius-Mithridates scenario. It doesn't quite suck me in as Wars in America (BoA2) did.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

Finished Torchlight II demo.  Can't decide if I want to buy it full price, or wait for sale.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Brain

Wait for sale unless you're a Torchlight nut.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.