News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

it's not your turn tamas, it's max's, then sbr's, then solmyr's.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

I was confused about that. I was waiting till someone else posted, or I finished my coffee. I'll pass this round.

Tamas

:bleeding: Solmyr should stay away from ACTS when it's not his turn :P

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2012, 10:18:49 AM
:bleeding: Solmyr should stay away from ACTS when it's not his turn :P

If you agree to go to ACTS when it is your turn I will make it so.  :showoff:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

First some Housekeeping. 

Max added the Treasures to my hand instead of putting them under Drake.  Drake hasn't returned home yet, he will do so in the Winter so I moved them back under his marker.  If they ended up in my hand I would have 3 Treasures and 2 cards and would have to discard one, that won't work.

Second it looks like Viking missed Max's turn when he sent his out so I redid the conversions and unrest in in the Netherlands.

Then I played my Home Card to cancel the marriage between Elizabeth and Leicester.  I was gypped on the Jilted Lover Roll and drew my extra card.

Lastly I extended with my last Treasure, 2 CP, and built a Race Built Galleon under Hawkins in London.

File sent.

Viking

I didn't get that marriage. On 1-5 on the jilt table the Virgin Queen card is superior in every way. 5cp spent on whatever you want beats 2,3 or four spent on influence or mercs every time. The Virgin Queen card has a better cp value that virtually all random cards and it's effect, picking from the discard pile means it almost certainly has a better event effect than any random card. The only effect which might, and I stress might, be superior is the two card draws which might give you more cp and if lucky you might get a better event effect than drawing from the discard pile.

The way I understand the jilt table is that you get bribes to marry elizabeth from suitors that either hope to see you play VQ to pick up some great event card and roll the marriage table or accept that the jilt table is acceptible knowing that england doesn't get the great advantage of picking from the discard pile.

sbr

I'm not going to get too involved in my thinking, but I figured that an average roll on the jilted table plus an average card draw would be worth spending the card.  I also knew it probably wasn't the optimal play but how much fun is the optimal play every time?  :P

Viking

Quote from: sbr on November 02, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
I'm not going to get too involved in my thinking, but I figured that an average roll on the jilted table plus an average card draw would be worth spending the card.  I also knew it probably wasn't the optimal play but how much fun is the optimal play every time?  :P

It's more fun for us others when you play optimally and be the best possible opponent.

Solmyr

Did someone add the Ottoman cav in Belgrade, btw?

France builds 2 galleons in Brest. Tamas already made his play so it's Viking's turn.

Viking

QuoteProtestants: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Protestants:
Yet another Sermon in the Netherlands

3 hits with two majors Brussels, Mons and Maastricht, ulmont next

Viking

actually, everybody can pass, Max and ulmont have already passed. If sbr, Sol and Tamas declare they are passing I can play out my hand.

Maximus

I'm not necessarily passing out the turn.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on November 03, 2012, 02:08:58 PM
I'm not necessarily passing out the turn.

Well, if everybody else is passing out their turn's we can do it quickly with both of us online.. so don't leave yet, everybody's awake right now. We might get to EOT before bedtime.

ulmont

I'm passing out the turn barring amazing things directed at me, yes.

Solmyr

I don't think I can pass, I have two cards.