And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2012, 01:37:14 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 29, 2012, 01:35:56 PM
Oops,I got rule confused and thought I could do 2 in one zone each turn.

Since I haven't done anything with the treasure in CB I will just hold onto it and use it during another impulse this turn.

two different countries can do it in one zone.

Right, just had it confused in my head.  I knew the number 2 was in there somewhere.

ulmont

Piracy nets 1 hit against the HRE.  Tamas up to award; Max up to play; file sent.

Maximus

Maximus

Maximus

Played council of troubles. Conversions 6,6,4,4,4,4, flip Rotterdam with a 6, flip Haarlem, Brielle, Maastricht, Ghent with minors, Dunkirk with Major. Unrest in Dunkirk. Control Arnhem, 's-Hertogenbosch, Ghent. Prots get +1 card next turn.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on October 29, 2012, 07:36:41 PM
Played council of troubles. Conversions 6,6,4,4,4,4, flip Rotterdam with a 6, flip Haarlem, Brielle, Maastricht, Ghent with minors, Dunkirk with Major. Unrest in Dunkirk. Control Arnhem, 's-Hertogenbosch, Ghent. Prots get +1 card next turn.

:blink:

fuck, I didn't know that card existed....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 30, 2012, 12:54:46 PM
http://rozzwell.com/vqmanifest/

VQ has a ton of fun cards...

yeah, reading is all well and good, the only true way to learn about the cards is the hard way.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

sbr, then solmyr, then tamas, then me

sbr

#78: 4 / Rising of the North

Message from England:
1/4 Naval Move: Drake to Spanish Main, Hawkins and his Fleet to London

2/4 1 point Influence on Scotland

4/4 Piracy in Spanish main

EDIT:  Max still owes me the #1 Treasure from the Spanish Treasures, I moved the one that was under Drake back into the discard pile.

sbr

In my piracy attempt Spain missed its roll and I got one hit and I would take 1 more treasure for that hit. 

However ... I feel like I may be benefiting from my mistake on my previous impulse.  I rolled 4 dice for piracy and missed them all, even though I wasn't eligible to pirate there.  Should I get to roll again on the next impulse on my next try?  It feels a bit icky to me.

What do you all think?

Solmyr

I think it's up to Max mainly.

Quote#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion

Message from France:
2/4: De Sores pirates the Portuguese.
3-4/4: 2 influence with Scotland.

De Sores sustains damage but scores 2 hits on the eggplants. Max needs to decide whether I get 2 VP, or 1 VP and a Portuguese treasure (cannot award two treasures due to being damaged). De Sores will return home immediately either way.

ulmont

Max has to award 1 VP and 1 treasure, as all possible rewards must be exhausted before an award is duplicated (barring Drake's exception).  See 16.5.5:

QuoteIf more than one hit is scored on the same piracy action, Spain must divide the hits as equally as possible between valid
awards (i.e., an award cannot be chosen for a second time until all possible awards are granted at least once).

Solmyr

Ah ok, I always forget which game it was where you could award as you liked. :P

Tamas

Alright gang, should the Knights rob a Turkish VP, or a card? I am of course leaning toward a card, but I wanted to take it out here to discuss the VP situatio.  :hmm: