News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 08, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
You don't spring deploy captains anywhere (unless you are England, in which case you can assign them to Europe as fleet commanders). They are only used for expeditions, which you build for 1-2 CP.

So if I send out a pirate, he gathers much spanish lucre returns to the netherlands with a couple of treasures. If I want to send him out again I have to re-build him. I can't leave him out at sea or return him to a colony and keep going.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2012, 01:14:33 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on October 08, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
You don't spring deploy captains anywhere (unless you are England, in which case you can assign them to Europe as fleet commanders). They are only used for expeditions, which you build for 1-2 CP.

So if I send out a pirate, he gathers much spanish lucre returns to the netherlands with a couple of treasures. If I want to send him out again I have to re-build him. I can't leave him out at sea or return him to a colony and keep going.

You can return him to a colony, but any treasures that he has captured via piracy will only be returned when he winters in Europe.  If you want to send him out again, you have to "re-build" him, yes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

and the other question, do sea captains and expeditions count as fleets for naval move? can I move all my fleets, sea captains and expeditions with the 1 cp one sea zone?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2012, 01:48:40 PM
and the other question, do sea captains and expeditions count as fleets for naval move? can I move all my fleets, sea captains and expeditions with the 1 cp one sea zone?

Yes

Viking

Quote from: sbr on October 08, 2012, 01:49:43 PM

Yes

OK, economy of scale good.

Now, If I have both my pirates in one sea zone and declare piracy with one and the spanish patrol in the antilles gets a hit do I have to place that hit on the active pirate (I think yes) and can I place any captured loot on the inactive pirate (I think no).

Viking

... and one more. Regarding mandatory events. Some mandatory events (especially the ones where you resolve control of minor powers) can have the cp being spent affect the outcome of the event. So when, e.g. scottish lords rebel comes up. Can I use the cp to increase my influence in scotland before it is resolved? (or even, since I am the protestant) can I spend the cp preaching to convert scotland to protestantism with the cp on the card before resolving?

sbr

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2012, 02:15:45 PM
... and one more. Regarding mandatory events. Some mandatory events (especially the ones where you resolve control of minor powers) can have the cp being spent affect the outcome of the event. So when, e.g. scottish lords rebel comes up. Can I use the cp to increase my influence in scotland before it is resolved? (or even, since I am the protestant) can I spend the cp preaching to convert scotland to protestantism with the cp on the card before resolving?

The rules clearly say the event is resolved first, then the player gets the 2 CP, so unless it is stated specifically on the card you cannot spend them first.

sbr

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2012, 01:57:52 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 08, 2012, 01:49:43 PM

Yes

OK, economy of scale good.

Now, If I have both my pirates in one sea zone and declare piracy with one and the spanish patrol in the antilles gets a hit do I have to place that hit on the active pirate (I think yes) and can I place any captured loot on the inactive pirate (I think no).

You are right on both, each sea captain would act individually and one after the other.

Viking

I'm basically finished with my diplomacy. I have formal offers out there which can be responded to either in the diplo declarations or in a pm with a yes or a no.

So, I say start declaring.

ulmont

Ottomans announce:

1) Peace with Spain.

Maximus

Spain accepts the peace with the turk

Viking

sbr

Sorry.

France:

I offer peace and I request control of all 3 French controlled Scottish spaces.
I also offer Elizabeth's hand in marriage to Charles.

Protestant:

I offer an alliance and I offer to loan 1 naval squadron.

Tamas

Viking