And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

He still has to pick next turn's mercs or regulars. :P

Maximus

Can he do that after the end of turn so we can proceed with diplo?

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on October 06, 2012, 01:38:37 PM
Can he do that after the end of turn so we can proceed with diplo?

Nah, because Tamas knowing what his cards are might change how he wants to play things.

Viking

So, waiting on Tamas to do his winter both returning units to Vienna and then decide if he wants two free mercs or one free regular.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Tamas can also pick four mercs to sell off.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on October 07, 2012, 08:15:35 AM
Tamas can also pick four mercs to sell off.

Isn't that for the diplomacy phase after the card draw?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

He has to choose if he wants those four mercs available for diplomacy, in which case he won't get any winter reinforcements for himself.

Btw, we are waiting on TAMAS. :P

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 07, 2012, 09:06:18 AM
He has to choose if he wants those four mercs available for diplomacy, in which case he won't get any winter reinforcements for himself.

Btw, we are waiting on TAMAS. :P

We've been waiting on him for two days now.

Tamas

like hell you did! I want my free regular. and I dont need to winter anything, everyone stay as they were.

Viking

sbr

So what exactly is the deal with Ireland now?  As far as I can tell they are independent and I can't do anything to or with them until another Major power activates them, at which point I would have to go to war with that power to get Dublin back.  Is that right?

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2012, 08:26:42 PM
So what exactly is the deal with Ireland now?  As far as I can tell they are independent and I can't do anything to or with them until another Major power activates them, at which point I would have to go to war with that power to get Dublin back.  Is that right?

Per the errata, you can declare war on Ireland with 1 CP during the diplomacy phase.  Keep in mind that, if you do DoW them like that, they will activate just like any other minor that's had a DoW made on them.  See 9.4.2-4.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on October 07, 2012, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2012, 08:26:42 PM

Per the errata, you can declare war on Ireland with 1 CP during the diplomacy phase.  Keep in mind that, if you do DoW them like that, they will activate just like any other minor that's had a DoW made on them.  See 9.4.2-4.

Beauty thanks.

Viking

Rules question.

If I build a sea captain or an expedition and it returns to europe, do I have to re-build the sea captain or can I spring deploy it? Also in this case are my two sea captains spring deployable already?

Solmyr

You don't spring deploy captains anywhere (unless you are England, in which case you can assign them to Europe as fleet commanders). They are only used for expeditions, which you build for 1-2 CP.