News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Tridentine conversion seals off the North Sea and mostly reconverts France.  File off.

Solmyr

ulmont

Shit, will swap a frenchy for London with the major then

Solmyr

Also, did Alva spring deploy from Spain? If so he cannot do that, since it crosses a pass. He can go to Milan and then to Netherlands with the Spanish HC.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on September 29, 2012, 10:25:56 AM
Also, did Alva spring deploy from Spain? If so he cannot do that, since it crosses a pass. He can go to Milan and then to Netherlands with the Spanish HC.

you let him up to the netherlands, he can go by sea through BoB or GoL....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

though, one wonders if ulmont managed to get double value out of the tridentine chatechism by both selling it to france and using it as retaliation for the card I haven't played (and certainly will now).

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on September 29, 2012, 10:24:18 AM

4s are minor conversions, ace.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Also, that brings the Protestant space count down to 13.  If I were Spain, I'd play my home card to convert spaces in England for an auto-victory.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

#28: 2 / Morisco Revolt

Message from Spain:
2/2 2 mercs in Milan

Maximus

Quote from: Habbaku on September 29, 2012, 11:37:07 AM
Also, that brings the Protestant space count down to 13.  If I were Spain, I'd play my home card to convert spaces in England for an auto-victory.
I believe that would give it to France

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on September 29, 2012, 11:34:10 AM

4s are minor conversions, ace.

I either keep forgetting the 4 or forgetting the automatic 6, but yeah.  Amboise again then.

Viking

does Selim mean that ulmont has to discard one of his home cards or does he keep them both?

sbr

#6: 2 / Selim II [MANDATORY]

Message from England:
1/2 1 Merc to Berwick.
2/2 4R+1M to Edinburgh

No idea how to move the card to Otto's Power Card.

Viking

why do you need a major for london?

It is neither occupied by a protestant unit nor do you need to use the major to get adjecent to it since it is a port on the north sea.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on September 29, 2012, 12:23:25 PM

why do you need a major for london?

It is neither occupied by a protestant unit nor do you need to use the major to get adjecent to it since it is a port on the north sea.

I thought there was a unit in London, which was wrong.  I really didn't need majors for anything with that wave of conversions.