News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Dragut ineffectually tries to pirate beets from the HRE.  File sent; over to Max.

Maximus

Apparently I need to start making beet jokes so Tamas will work with me not against me.

Dutch pirates get a VP

In response to the foul murder of Don John by Dutch heretics:

#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]

Message from Spain:
4 mercs in Arnhem

As my turn:

#53: 4 / Grand Tour

Message from Spain:
2 galleons in Corunna

extend with 3 cp treasure:

2/3 naval moves, Galleons from Corunna and Atlantic to Bay of Biscay to English Channel. Dutch may intercept and fight if they wish.

3/3 Mercs from Arnhem to Utrecht

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Just to make this clear. Split orange yellow space are not spanish home spaces?

The rulebook seems to suggest that they are, but he union of arras card states that the split spaces become spanish for the rest of the game. Which is it?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

They are home spaces for both Spanish and Dutch at the start, but become Spanish-only after Arras if I understand correctly. The card and rulebook aren't very clear on this. I got that info from boardgamegeek, I don't recall if Ed Beach confirmed it.

The other thing is Spain can never build units in the Netherlands other than Walloons.

Maximus

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on October 26, 2012, 01:42:34 PM
They are home spaces for both Spanish and Dutch at the start, but become Spanish-only after Arras if I understand correctly. The card and rulebook aren't very clear on this. I got that info from boardgamegeek, I don't recall if Ed Beach confirmed it.

The other thing is Spain can never build units in the Netherlands other than Walloons.

The rules are confusing. But the facts as I see them are as follows

1 - the start as split spaces, home for both spain and dutch protestants.
2 - once arras happens they become full yellow spaces and walloons can be built there.
3 - before arras spain cannot build, but after arras she can only build walloons.

Maximus

What I've seen is that Walloons can be built there both before and after Arras. The effect of Arras is that Dutch units can no longer be built there.

Here's another thread that suggests that: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/799825/union-of-arras

Viking

Viking

Maximus

Actually I have a question too.

If I'm reading the rules correctly, Flushing and Brielle can never be attacked by land, only by sea. Is this actually correct?

Viking

yes

QuoteOnly a
power that controls the normal port in
these connections (Flushing or Brielle)
may use this path for movement, intercept,
avoiding battle, line of communication or computing the nearest
space.

so whoever owns the space owns the waterway.

Maximus

Yea that was what I was reading, just seems bizarre so I wanted to double-check.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on October 26, 2012, 02:43:53 PM
Yea that was what I was reading, just seems bizarre so I wanted to double-check.

Sea Beggars is a really really cool card. That is why Antwerp is a cool capital since while I hold Flushing and have enough ships Antwerp is safe.

Maximus

Let me describe the scenario. I had the option to play Reiters on Flushing as a response to Sea Beggars, which would then have landed on another port. In that scenario, even though you had a fleet in the North Sea and a potential army in Antwerp, you could not have attacked me there directly, but would have had to march them overland to Dunkirk and sealift them from there.