News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing like a Virgin Queen

Started by Viking, September 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I'll send a file with my HC when I get home, but to move things along until then:

Drake is available this turn, right?  If so I will put Hawkins with the rest of my navy, portsmouth I think.  If drake isn't available I will leave Hawkins available.

No other units will move.

Solmyr

French SD is Monty, 1r, 2m to Metz. File sent.

Viking

3 Hugenot Regulars and Coligny deploy from Calais to Amsterdam.

BTW, (me included) forgot to move the galleon in "london" to join the rest of his fleet.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

The galleon was loaned to you and was in North Sea when turn ended, so it had to go to one of the North Sea ports.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 23, 2012, 03:39:37 PM
The galleon was loaned to you and was in North Sea when turn ended, so it had to go to one of the North Sea ports.

checked, 20.3 remove loan markers happens before 20.5 return to base.... grr..

so fleet doesn't rtb to calais and get returned to portsmouth, but rather returns to base in london - preventing my spring deployment to amsterdam from calais (even if we were allied)

In which case I throw myself at the mercy of my comrades, had I known this I would have asked sbr to ally and lend me the fleet again, and hope you permit me to ask this of him. 

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

btw, if max or sol objects or sbr declines, hugenots stay in calais and coligny stays off-map with no SD for the protestants.

sbr

Solmyr

I'm fine with that.

Btw, I will be away in Stockholm until Friday, so won't be able to make my play until then.

ulmont

The Ottomans have successfully constructed the Suez canal.

File sent; off to Max.

Maximus

I'm fine with the protestant re-do. Will need to know the results of that before I do my move.

sbr

I would have agreed to continuing the alliance and loan of the ship, so go ahead.

Viking

Protestantas agree to the alliance and agree to recieve the fleet.

Protestants send the fleet to calais (so that it can return to the channel without needing to move it), Coligny and 3R move to amsterdam in the SD.

Maximus

Played Spanish Road:Don John turns into a landlubber, flies to Milan and marches overland to Utrecht with 3 regulars.

Extend with 2cp treasure:Don John marches to Amsterdam with 6 regulars and 2 mercs, is there anything that man cannot do? Meanwhile his fleet successfully leaves port.

Coligny can choose to fight if he wants. File sent on the assumption he doesn't want. File includes loaned English fleet in Calais.

sbr

Quick question while we wait to see if Viking will fight.

I forgot that Hawkins had to be in London to build my special powered Galleons, I thought he could be anywhere in England.  The only reason he is in England is too build those.  Can I change my SD to put Hawkins in London instead of Portsmouth?  Pretty please?

Viking

Coligny will sit and hide. Amsterdam has been sieged before.