Polish priest in bizarre whipped cream 'initiation ceremony'

Started by Martinus, September 21, 2012, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuotePolish priest in bizarre whipped cream 'initiation ceremony'
Police in Poland have launched an investigation after photographs were posted on a school website of 14-year-old children licking whipped cream from the knees of a priest.

By Matthew Day, Warsaw6:37PM BST 19 Sep 2012

The series of pictures show boys and girls, apparently pretending to be cats, approaching the priest, seated in a battered armchair, on all fours.

They then take turns at licking cream from his legs in what the school has described as an "initiation ceremony" for first year pupils at the school in the south-west town of Lubin where the priest is also the director.

Once the pictures were picked up by the media, police and the local prosecutor's office began a formal investigation into the affair that has prompted condemnation across Poland.

"This is very disturbing," said Marek Michalak, the Polish government's spokesman on child affairs. "Surely the boundaries of decency and acceptable forms of bodily contact have been exceeded. I've ordered an enquiry and demanded an explanation from all relevant authorities."

Monika Sajkowska, director of a charity working with abused children said the "children were manipulated" into the knee licking and that "limits had been exceeded".

But the priest involved, Father Marcin Kozyra, defended the "ceremony".

"There has never been a complaint from either parents or students about any impropriety involved in these games," he said in a radio interview.

"Similar pictures were posted on the school website last year and nobody batted an eyelid."

The priest has also won the support of his immediate superior.

"It appears to be a storm in a teacup," commented Father Alfred Leja, a school inspector from the local church authority. "It appears to me that people are trying to distort this situation and make it look like some form of sexual abuse." So far prosecutors have said will not press charges against Father Kozyra, but condemned his behaviour as "tasteless".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9553859/Polish-priest-in-bizarre-whipped-cream-initiation-ceremony.html

I love that the parents do not see anything wrong with that. :bleeding:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Here's one of the pictures from HuffPo. Assuming that, like he claims, this guy is not a pedophile and he did that, then saw the pictures from the event and posted this on the school website thinking there is nothing wrong here, he is a fucking idiot:

garbon

At a different angle - what is the reason said for why they did this?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I don't know if it's a crime, but dude is definitely an idiot.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2012, 12:58:48 PM
I don't know if it's a crime, but dude is definitely an idiot.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. One way or another, he is not fit to work with children. Even if this is "innocent", only an idiot would not see how this could be taken by a third party.

To answer garbon, the Church is claiming this is "traditional hazing" that they have been doing "for many years". :bleeding:  :lol:

This gives me hope - the Polish Catholic Church is so stupid, it will hang itself on its own.

CountDeMoney

:bleeding:

Jesus H Whipped Creamed Christ, it's Holy Mother Church, not a goddamned bachelor party.  Ugh.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2012, 12:54:31 PM
Here's one of the pictures from HuffPo. Assuming that, like he claims, this guy is not a pedophile and he did that, then saw the pictures from the event and posted this on the school website thinking there is nothing wrong here, he is a fucking idiot:

:lol:

So very, very wrong.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Solmyr

He probably wanted to see which of them looks best with white stuff smeared all over her face.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on September 21, 2012, 02:18:06 PM
He probably wanted to see which of them looks best with white stuff smeared all over her face.

Per article and other photos, he did this activity with boys as well.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2012, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on September 21, 2012, 02:18:06 PM

Per article and other photos, he did this activity with boys as well.

So, the dude is "flexible" in his tastes.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2012, 12:54:31 PM

It's a gateway activity to more inappropriate activities. He is looking down her shirt. The other girl has an even more cleavage-revealing top.