News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3

Started by MadBurgerMaker, September 20, 2012, 11:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

This Katie Moody person sounds like Languish material.  CdM, you're from Baltimore, why don't you take point on the recruitment effort?

katmai

He might already know her :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Raises free speech issues?  If you're an asshole, people can call you on that, and call for you to be 'even raped'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Chris Mortenson and Peter King are reporting that a deal is close and the regular officials could possibly be back working by Sunday.

derspiess

More importantly, I just got the channel update notification on my TiVo:  Time Warner Cable finally carries the NFL Network :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

It's been there since last Sunday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 26, 2012, 06:37:24 PM
It's been there since last Sunday.

My channel lineup just got updated, so for me it was today.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Frankly, you wasn't missing much. Too much jaw jaw and pats cocksucking on that channel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 26, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
Frankly, you wasn't missing much. Too much jaw jaw and pats cocksucking on that channel.

Mostly just wanted the Thursday night games.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2012, 07:41:52 PM
Mostly just wanted the Thursday night games.

That and their draft coverage, which is vastly superior to ESPN imo, are the only reasons I really watch NFLN.  They do also show all the preseason games, which is nice because around that time is when you're really jonesing for football.  Then you watch a couple preseason games and they, of course, totally suck because they're preseason games.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 25, 2012, 06:35:36 PM
Anyone see if Mundy got fined/suspended for his helmet to helmet hits against the Raiders?  I'm thinking it unlikely since it was the Steelers and not James Harrison. <_<

$21K for Mundy.

And $50K for Belichick for ref-touching. 

Apparently one of the Redskins coordinators got smacked with $25K for silliness with a ref as well.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 26, 2012, 12:57:58 AM
He might already know her :lol:

I've been snooping to see if I've come across her or not before.  :lol:  Sounds like quite a catch!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2012, 06:35:23 PM
More importantly, I just got the channel update notification on my TiVo:  Time Warner Cable finally carries the NFL Network :punk:

Any of you guys ever watch NFL Turning Point on NBCSN with Dan Patrick?  It's a highlight show, but concentrates on three games from the previous week, very heavy on the NFL Films angle.  Pretty cool, since they break down specific plays and whatnot, like McCoy blowing his blitz pickup assignment for Vick, which was so much prettier with an NFL Films treatment.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2012, 09:39:32 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 25, 2012, 06:35:36 PM
Anyone see if Mundy got fined/suspended for his helmet to helmet hits against the Raiders?  I'm thinking it unlikely since it was the Steelers and not James Harrison. <_<

$21K for Mundy.

And $50K for Belichick for ref-touching. 

Apparently one of the Redskins coordinators got smacked with $25K for silliness with a ref as well.
Yeah, Kyle Shanahan.

How Mundy avoided suspension, I'll never know.  Oh wait, I will know.  Goodell is worthless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.