Obsidian raised a million dollars in a day on Kickstarter

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 18, 2012, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2015, 06:28:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2015, 04:54:05 PM
I'll be damned.  It's actually going to be a thing.

Hardly surprising. They just had a retty successful release last year. There is a reason people gave them their money.

Still seems strange to me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

I had loads of fun playing Divinity: Original Sin, so my appetite for old school RPGs is well and truly whetted. This might, MIGHT, be the first game I buy on release since EU4.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 17, 2015, 02:16:33 PM
I had loads of fun playing Divinity: Original Sin, so my appetite for old school RPGs is well and truly whetted. This might, MIGHT, be the first game I buy on release since EU4.

I can't wait. Most I have been excited for a game since Dragon Age: Origins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
GOLD!

For all that means anymore.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Pillars-of-Eternity-Has-Gone-Gold/

I suspect it will have lots of bugs.

From the linked page:

"For more information on Pillars of Eternity, visit eternity.obsidian.net."

Click on link, 404 - Page Not Found error.

What a disaster.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Testing has actually been extensive and it is orders of magnitude more bug free than previous Obsidian titles...for what that's worth.

I have been following the Beta closely.

http://eternity.obsidian.net/ works fine but the link doesn't. Strange.

Anyway that is Paradox not being able to link things, nothing to do with the game.

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
GOLD!

For all that means anymore.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Pillars-of-Eternity-Has-Gone-Gold/

QuotePre-orders also include two special in-game items: a Giant Miniature Space Piglet...

:)

Game looks good.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

MadImmortalMan

The original kickstarter pitch said the game would be priced at $25.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 17, 2015, 07:30:37 PM
The original kickstarter pitch said the game would be priced at $25.

No it didn't. Though you could get a copy with a donation of $20.00 at the time.

Valmy

Razgovory

I think I'm suppose to get it, but I have no idea how.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2015, 10:34:26 PM
I think I'm suppose to get it, but I have no idea how.

Wait you backed it? If you are supposed to get it they are going to give you a steam key on Monday or Tuesday. Release is Thursday.

The website for backers is here I think: http://eternity.obsidian.net/

Razgovory

Yeah, I backed it at 35 dollar level.  I just never messed with it after that.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2015, 10:27:54 PM
Polish guy opening his copy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjG3Ww3-IJQ

Looks nice, but I only do digital only these days.

grumbler will tell you this is fake - if the guy is Polish, he should be in some bunker training for war

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2015, 10:26:25 AM
Yeah, I backed it at 35 dollar level.  I just never messed with it after that.

I never would have guessed. Ok cool I will let you know when the keys are handed out.

@ Mart:  :lol: btw did he say anything interesting?