News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Yorker Article on D&D

Started by Jacob, July 22, 2014, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I played fairly regularly from the late 80s to the early 2000s, and over the last couple of years I've gotten back at it again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2014, 01:56:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2014, 01:54:53 PM
Not me. I grew up in a town devoid of roleplayers, so I had to make do with choose your own adventure books (Lone Wolf and SteveJackson/Ian Livingstone stuff). :Embarrass:
:wub:

You know you can get those on smartphones now, right?  I have House of Hell on my Samsung.

I didn't know that. :)

Project Aon lets you play all the Lone Wolf books, though (loved them at the time, esp. the glossy maps that were in each book :nerd: ): http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I never have. Always fancied doing so when I was in my teens but I just didn't know anyone else who would be interested in rpgs.

Same as Syt, the closest I got was choose your own adventures. Lone Wolf was fantastic.
That and looking through PDFs of RPG and manuals and sighing. And the occasional daliance with online play which never went anywhere.

I have to say though had I the opportunity to play it I'm not so sure I would have...the idea of sitting around with friends and telling stories just seems.....awry.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Heh, played RPGs through most of the 80's starting around 1982 and in college into the early 90's.  Played a little here and there since then, but mostly I just like to read the books and rules systems now, kind of fascinating how some rules systems develop over time.

Valmy

You buy games you never play?  Shocking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Somce you're not here to jam them up your ass, they get shelved instead.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2014, 09:51:01 AM
Somce you're not here to jam them up your ass, they get shelved instead.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."