Romney: 47% of Americans are losers, don't care about 'em

Started by Queequeg, September 17, 2012, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Mitt Romney is a loser and the rest of the GOP is finally realizing it. Too late, you can't take him back.

Good luck in 2016, though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on September 29, 2012, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 03:44:05 PM
I don't think shifting to the middle will help Romney that much.  He already has a reputation as a guy who will say anything to get elected.  Conservatives don't seem to fully believe shift to the right is sincere (which it probably isn't), and watching Romney closely for moving away from political orthodoxy.
His professed policies would not change, just the commercials.

So having commercials that are at odds with his professed policies sounds like a good idea to you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 29, 2012, 03:48:19 PM
Mitt Romney is a loser and the rest of the GOP is finally realizing it. Too late, you can't take him back.

Good luck in 2016, though.

To be fair they didn't have a very good pool of candidates.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 03:52:57 PM
So having commercials that are at odds with his professed policies sounds like a good idea to you?

Uhh, Phil is talking about fluff commercials so they won't be at odds with any policies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Faeelin

Quote from: Phillip V on September 29, 2012, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 03:44:05 PM
I don't think shifting to the middle will help Romney that much.  He already has a reputation as a guy who will say anything to get elected.  Conservatives don't seem to fully believe shift to the right is sincere (which it probably isn't), and watching Romney closely for moving away from political orthodoxy.
His professed policies would not change, just the commercials.

So he would praise the health care system in Massachusetts that would be repealed on the national level? How was the budget balanced in Massachusetts ?

Phillip V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 29, 2012, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 03:52:57 PM

Uhh, Phil is talking about fluff commercials so they won't be at odds with any policies.
Precisely.

For an example, look to the Obama and Clinton campaigns of 2008. Were they really that different when it came to policy? It was the character/story part that made her lose. She finally revamped her campaign and message in the second half, running stuff like "The Hillary I Know" commercials and "It's 3 AM". For all Obama praise, she still managed to win 49% of the primaries vote.

Faeelin

Right, but your points all seem like things that don't work.

"As the son of Mexicans, who I don't actually like, my father saved the auto industry I thought didn't deserve a bailout. Thank you, and vote for me Ohio!"

sbr

Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2012, 04:09:33 PM

"As the son of Mexicans, who I don't actually like, my father saved the auto industry I thought didn't deserve a bailout. Thank you, and vote for me Ohio!"

:D

Phillip V

Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2012, 04:09:33 PM

1. Why would he say that he dislikes Mexicans in the commercial?
2. Why would he talk about auto bailouts in the commercial?
3. Why would he run this ad in Ohio? Immigration ads should target Hispanic/immigrant areas.

Faeelin

So your plan is that in a few short weeks, the dude who appeared in brownface on Univision will persuade everyone he's descended from Mexicans because his ancestors moved there to practice polygamy?

Good god, romney's done.

Phillip V

Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2012, 04:17:46 PM
So your plan is that in a few short weeks, the dude who appeared in brownface on Univision will persuade everyone he's descended from Mexicans because his ancestors moved there to practice polygamy?

Good god, romney's done.
No. It would just be a fluff commercial about a family coming to America poor and living the American dream. You've got 30 seconds! :wacko:

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on September 29, 2012, 04:22:03 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2012, 04:17:46 PM

Good god, romney's done.
No. It would just be a fluff commercial about a family coming to America poor and living the American dream. You've got 30 seconds! :wacko:
And Obama will counter by running the clip when Mom Romney praised America for giving Father Romney welfare.

Razgovory

Sorry Phil, but I don't think more fluff pieces are going to help him that much.  And running one ad in one area but may lose you votes in another area doesn't work as well in world with internet.

Neil

Romney can't run on his actual record as he's spent the whole election running away from it.  That's the thing:  Romney is probably the best candidate, but he's running with the party of economic suicide and social depravity, as opposed to the party of economic status quo and a different kind of social depravity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2012, 04:30:08 PM
Sorry Phil, but I don't think more fluff pieces are going to help him that much.  And running one ad in one area but may lose you votes in another area doesn't work as well in world with internet.
But see, it's not "more fluff". There is a current lack of fluff. Most of their ads and messaging are anti-Obama pieces.