And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh is funny

Started by Jacob, September 14, 2012, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Mine was terrible.  It was almost all Freud.  It's like having a Physics class that only taught Ptolemy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Bah, we had lots of Jung in there as well, not just Freud.  Also notables like Maslow, Pavlov, Milgram etc.  It was well rounded for high school.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on September 14, 2012, 08:20:38 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2012, 08:07:08 PM
high school...psychology
:bleeding:

Idiot, that's probably the most use anyone has ever gotten out of high school psychology.

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on September 14, 2012, 10:06:07 PM
Mine was terrible.  It was almost all Freud.  It's like having a Physics class that only taught Ptolemy.

Yeah. We had to pick one of psychology and philosophy. I picked philosophy, and it was full of dead retards too. "Maybe YOU lived in a cave, but the rest of the world has kinda moved on. Sheesh."
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2012, 10:08:47 PM
Bah, we had lots of Jung in there as well, not just Freud.  Also notables like Maslow, Pavlov, Milgram etc.  It was well rounded for high school.

I had all the key highlights. It's also why I avoided tacking Psych 1 in college as long as I could as I'd already covered it all back in high school.

My teacher loved to give a pop-quiz every week!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Not exactly as unfortunately there are still a lot of adherents of Freud today.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2012, 09:21:43 AM

Not exactly as unfortunately there are still a lot of adherents of Freud today.

We have a lot people who believe in Astrology today as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

The only Rush worth listening to has three Canadians in it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on September 15, 2012, 06:23:02 PM

Only if you don't listen to their albums post 1990.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2012, 07:13:58 PM

Counterparts?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2012, 07:26:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2012, 07:13:58 PM

Counterparts?

After that roll the bones song, I gave up on them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Fuck Rush.  Only thing worse than shitty 70s beer rock is shitty 70s Canadian beer rock.  Hurl.