News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2: Damned activist judges

Started by CountDeMoney, September 13, 2012, 07:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Chicago is the Bengals of the NFC North.  They'll beat up on weak teams, but a quality opponent will crush them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

For the life of me I don't know why people thought that Brandon Marshall would make things better for the Bears.  For all his gifts, he just doesn't play smart.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
Chicago is the Bengals of the NFC North.  They'll beat up on weak teams, but a quality opponent will crush them.

I almost prefer that to the early Marvin Lewis years where they would pull off big upsets but then frustratingly choke against the lesser teams.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Honestly, I expected a much better performance out of Da Bears this evening, even with the Cutlerisms.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2012, 10:29:06 PM
Honestly, I expected a much better performance out of Da Bears this evening, even with the Cutlerisms.

Did you read too much into win vs Colts like everybody else? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 13, 2012, 10:31:31 PM

Nah, but with a healthy Forte and some other moves they made in the off season, I didn't expect Da Brats to turn this sour on a prime time game against the Lynn Dickeys.

derspiess

Everyone always seems to read too much into Week 1. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2012, 10:36:50 PM

Yeah I'm not totally sold on Niners till I see how they play at home vs Lions.

Sophie Scholl

The Bears never should have gotten rid of Kyle Orton. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Now that is just delusional talk as well

Grey Fox

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 13, 2012, 10:05:45 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
Damn it, I should have played the Chi defense. Last time I trust the Sit/Start Tool.

I should have started Donald Driver or Cedric Benson instead of Devin Hester. :P

Oh yeah, that's gotta hurt.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 13, 2012, 10:49:20 PM
The Bears never should have gotten rid of Kyle Orton. :thumbsup:
Kyle Orton wasn't a very good blocker and so wouldn't have helped.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on September 13, 2012, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2012, 10:36:50 PM

Yeah I'm not totally sold on Niners till I see how they play at home vs Lions.

I think they're even better this year than they were last year.  And hopefully they keep throwing to Moss ;)

katmai

Cutler was at minus points when I posted that.