News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 09:57:55 AM
Wonder who the Administration will throw under the bus on this story?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/24/us/libya-benghazi-e-mails/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Why would anybody be thrown under the bus?  Islamist groups claim shit everyday.  Ansar al-Sharia will probably claim responsibility for Tropical Storm Sandy.

Your partisan bullshit is so not good for America.  Stop being a divider, DerIssa.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2012, 11:26:34 AM

Why would anybody be thrown under the bus?  Islamist groups claim shit everyday.  Ansar al-Sharia will probably claim responsibility for Tropical Storm Sandy.

Your partisan bullshit is so not good for America.  Stop being a divider, DerIssa.

WHAT DID HE KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Key takeaway: read before posting.

QuoteTwo hours after first being notified of an attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, a government e-mail to the White House, the State Department and the FBI said an Islamist group had claimed credit, according to a copy obtained by CNN.

An initial e-mail was sent while the attack was still underway, and another that arrived two hours later -- sent from a State Department address to various government agencies including the executive office of the president -- identified Ansar al-Sharia as claiming responsibility for the attack on its Facebook page and on Twitter.

The group denied responsibility the next day.

I reject the notion that State Department public communications should be dictated by the unconfirmed hearsay claims of terrorist groups.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 24, 2012, 11:38:47 AM
I reject the notion that State Department public communications should be dictated by the unconfirmed hearsay claims of terrorist groups.

Dan Issa rejects your rejection.

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 24, 2012, 11:38:47 AM
Key takeaway: read before posting.

I did. Immediately following your quote:

QuoteHowever, the e-mails raise further questions about the seeming confusion on the part of the Obama administration to determine the nature of the September 11 attack that left U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans dead.

Btw how does Susan Rice still have her job?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 12:00:28 PM

What would be the justifiable grounds for termination?

garbon

To answer your question, they trotted out Hil to speak to what Joan said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I'm uncertain where conservatives are going with all of this.  That the Obama administration is uncertain who committed an unsolved crime?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2012, 01:45:19 PM

I'm uncertain where conservatives are going with all of this.  That the Obama administration is uncertain who committed an unsolved crime?

I think everyone has now said that it wasn't the result of the video (although I saw a news article pop on google from fox news saying new evidence says it was - but I wouldn't click on a fox link. :x).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

No.  That they blamed the video for weeks after the attack when it was obvious to the rest of us it was a planned attack.

MadImmortalMan

I think the accusation is that the President knew it wasn't about the video and was a terrorist attack but still went around blaming the video. I'm not positive.

Ed: What he said.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 02:07:11 PM

No.  That they blamed the video for weeks after the attack when it was obvious to the rest of us it was a planned attack.

Really, do you know who did it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2012, 12:31:01 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 12:00:28 PM

What would be the justifiable grounds for termination?

Uh...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-ambassador-susan-rice/2012/10/15/c5a9fe04-16d9-11e2-8792-cf5305eddf60_story.html

At best, she was undercutting the administration's credibility.  If I were all the way out on your side I'd be pissed at her.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2012, 02:08:53 PM
Really, do you know who did it?

I know it wasn't spontaneous and it wasn't over the video.