News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2012, 01:56:13 AM
so why the US embassy to Egypt and not the US embassy to California or Texas is making a statement?  :huh:

The US embassy to California? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2012, 08:25:30 AM
so why the US embassy to Egypt and not the US embassy to California or Texas is making a statement?  :huh:

The US embassy to California? :huh:

What did you expect? He is Polish.

Martinus

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Germany's foreign minister has confirmed that their embassy is Sudan has been attacked and is partially in flames, Associated Press reports. He called for the violence to stop immediately.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

well they kept out of Libya. It was worth it. Their embassy was only PARTIALLY set ablaze.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 14, 2012, 09:09:35 AM
well they kept out of Libya. It was worth it. Their embassy was only PARTIALLY set ablaze.

But is the US embassy in Texas safe? :concerned:

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2012, 09:10:39 AM

Depends. Did they apologize for Phelps?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 14, 2012, 09:11:54 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2012, 09:10:39 AM

Depends. Did they apologize for Phelps?

No. They insulted Texas barbeque and prefer Kansas City BBQ. BEHEAD ALL WHO INSULT TEXAS.

Martinus

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2012, 06:54:13 PM
Yes it is.  They have officially been a "Non-NATO ally" since the late 80s.  Obama yesterday incorrectly said they were not an ally, and his spokesman today said Egypt's status is not changing.

Obama correctly said that Egypt is not an "ally" (lowercase), which can be verified by the fact that no alliance exists between the two countries.

If Obama had said that Egypt was not a Major Non Nato Ally under Title 22, Section 32, then he would have been mistaken.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 14, 2012, 09:24:54 AM
Yes it is.  They have officially been a "Non-NATO ally" since the late 80s.  Obama yesterday incorrectly said they were not an ally, and his spokesman today said Egypt's status is not changing.

Obama correctly said that Egypt is not an "ally" (lowercase), which can be verified by the fact that no alliance exists between the two countries.

If Obama had said that Egypt was not a Major Non Nato Ally under Title 22, Section 32, then he would have been mistaken.

:lol:  I guess you have your religion/deity, and I have mine.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Ok, I'm at loss here. I don't understand how anything you said is relevant and really do not know how to respond.

It's really quite simple. We are discussing statements made by US embassies.  The question is under what circumstances would it make sense for an overseas US embassy to make statements about Fred Phelps.  It is admittedly a rhetorical question, as it is difficult to conceive any likely set of circumstances in which that would happen.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2012, 09:26:19 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 14, 2012, 09:24:54 AM

Yes, your religion is Obama is stooopid and evil and has to use a teleprompter to get through the day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2012, 09:26:19 AM

As religions go, the gods of grammar and reading comprehension are pretty worthy.
--Joan Robinson