News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteU.S. ambassador to Libya, three staff killed in rocket attack: official

(Reuters) - The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on Tuesday in the Libyan city of Benghazi, a Libyan official said.

It was not clear if the ambassador was in his car or the Libyan consulate when the attack occurred.

"The U.S. ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets at them," the official in Benghazi told Reuters.

(The story corrects "Libyan" to "U.S." in quote)

(Reporting by Samia Nakhoul, editing by Diana Abdallah)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/12/us-libya-usa-attack-idUSBRE88B0EI20120912

Ok this is now serious.

Thoughts on the appropriate response and influence on the US elections?

Tamas

I should start prowling the Hungarian politics forums, so I learn how this was the making of THE JEWS, in their continuing bid for rich east euro lands.

Grinning_Colossus

reech beety plains of pannonia

This is an attack by Islamist terrorists. The correct response is to work with the Libyan government to bring them to justice.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tamas

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on September 12, 2012, 04:47:35 AM
reech beety plains of pannonia

This is an attack by Islamist terrorists. The correct response is to work with the Libyan government to bring them to justice.

This was an attack by a bunch of thugs who had nothing better to do that evening.

It is Libya. Probably all household has a couple of RPGs nowadays.

Martinus

Still, it's the obligation of a host country to ensure security of a foreign ambassador. Wars were started over less in the past.

Phillip V

Americans should be genuinely outraged and pissed that their embassy was overrun; Ambassador has been killed.

Viking

Quote from: Phillip V on September 12, 2012, 05:27:50 AM
Americans should be genuinely outraged and pissed that their embassy was overrun; Ambassador has been killed.

Consulate, not Embassy. But still I agree, good reason to be outraged. But the problem remains, who do we (as i "the west") bomb in retaliation?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

Quote from: Viking on September 12, 2012, 05:36:45 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 12, 2012, 05:27:50 AM

Consulate, not Embassy. But still I agree, good reason to be outraged. But the problem remains, who do we (as i "the west") bomb in retaliation?
I would be satisfied with mass arrests and long prison sentences.

Caliga

What is wrong with these fucking people? :bleeding:

When Dogma came out, you didn't see angry Catholics rioting in the streets and trying to kill Jay and Silent Bob. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on September 12, 2012, 05:42:49 AM
What is wrong with these fucking people? :bleeding:

When Dogma came out, you didn't see angry Catholics rioting in the streets and trying to kill Jay and Silent Bob. :rolleyes:

I'd answer that question, but I'm trying to avoid yet another religion flame war.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM
Thoughts on the appropriate response and influence on the US elections?

Mitt Romney's campaign has already issued a condemnation of the Obama Administration.

jimmy olsen

Don't marines guard these places? Can't they just mow down attackers with a 50 cal?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2012, 06:28:58 AM
Don't marines guard these places? Can't they just mow down attackers with a 50 cal?

They should have tackled the missile launchers instead.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2012, 06:28:58 AM

Marines are good, but last I heard they can't shoot down RPGs, dummy.