News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Comic-con, is it worth the time?

Started by viper37, September 11, 2012, 02:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

My cousin wants to go to the Comic-Con in Montreal, since there's a few Star Trek stars.  Should I go with him?  What's to be expected from these events?  Are they just booth where they show the latest comic books?  They got a list of actors&actresses wich should be there, but they can't be all giving a conference or something?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

If you think you will enjoy yourself I think you should go. Sometimes just going somewhere with interesting stuff is fun. I go to all the local exhibitions just because I enjoy looking at machinery and hearing enthusiastic people talk about what they care about, even if I don't find it that interesting.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

I've gone to a few in Boston and Philly.  It can be fun.  But it struck me a lot of it was aimed towards collectors of toys and comics and such.  I didn't find much going on beyond the dealer stalls.  Some interesting talks.  Lu Foriggno gets really pissed if you take his picture without paying him first.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

I thought "Comic-Con" was just the one in San Diego, didn't know there were multiple conventions using the same name.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Probably has some cool toys and stuff.

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 11, 2012, 03:01:12 PM
I've gone to a few in Boston and Philly.  It can be fun.  But it struck me a lot of it was aimed towards collectors of toys and comics and such.  I didn't find much going on beyond the dealer stalls.  Some interesting talks.  Lu Foriggno gets really pissed if you take his picture without paying him first.
well, there was the "V" girl (the alien), that could have been nice to see her in flesh&blood.  But something came up and I can't go anymore.  Maybe next year if they come back.
Thanks for the info.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Yes, if you are interested in comics there are usually writer panels that talk about upcoming story lines and such.  I think San Diego is the biggest and most coolest one.  Be a long time before I can go there.  Most of the others will have a varying degree of celebrity guests.  From Panicky Jackass 1 on the Poseiden Adventure to the guy who appeared in a scene with Batman in the Dark Knight movie. 
PDH!

Grey Fox

You are just looking for a reason to avoid going to Montreal. Go, ffs, go.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 12, 2012, 01:32:33 PM
You are just looking for a reason to avoid going to Montreal. Go, ffs, go.
:P

nah, not this time.  The student riots are over, so it's moderately safe now ;)

It's just that my friend can't go anymore since his girlfriend is now working, and I've been invited to a family dinner.

Ed Anger

Maybe he can get some Adventure Time Cosplay pussy. Female hopefully.

I sad to know what Adventure Time is.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

I just missed Dragon Con a few weekends ago, I've yet to go to one. Should be fun.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom