News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Joe Biden cozies up with female biker

Started by garbon, September 10, 2012, 09:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2012, 05:47:59 PM
On NPR I heard what sounded like an even better "man of the people" story.  Obama's campaign bus stopped at a pizza joint in Jersey or somesuch and the owner (a Republican) gave him a bear hug and lifted him off the ground.  It would be a shame if there weren't any photos.

It's not like he's all that big of a Prez.

Tonitrus

You'd have to think someone on the SS detail's blood pressure spiked at seeing that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 10, 2012, 06:11:54 PM
You'd have to think someone on the SS detail's blood pressure spiked at seeing that.

:lol: No kidding, I was expecting four hats on that fucker in about another 4 seconds.

Admiral Yi

Great stuff.  You just can't get that kind of awesomeness in the rest of the world.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2012, 06:25:52 PM
Great stuff.  You just can't get that kind of awesomeness in the rest of the world.

Yes, agreed and indeed some of the off-camera casual encounters GWB have with the ordinary man in the street sound good, humour events, but I think it's more a case of when the 'security ring of steel' lets it's grip loosen, fun stuff like this happens the world over.

Though I am trying to recall any naturalistic encounters the last French president had with his public. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on September 10, 2012, 06:55:39 PM
Yes, agreed and indeed some of the off-camera casual encounters GWB have with the ordinary man in the street sound good, humour events, but I think it's more a case of when the 'security ring of steel' lets it's grip loosen, fun stuff like this happens the world over.

Though I am trying to recall any naturalistic encounters the last French president had with his public.

I seem to recall a certain Queen getting a big ol' black lady hug in Mobtown in 1991.

Edit:  LOL, found the photo--
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ERsaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=USQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6781%2C3830095

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2012, 03:47:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2012, 03:42:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2012, 02:50:38 PM
I love that man.  :blush:

He could visibly piss his pants and forget who he is at a campaign rally & you'd still gush about how awesome he is.

That's what it feels like to support Romney, isn't it?

Uhh, no.  We don't deify our leaders and pretend they're perfect.

Except for Reagan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Another awesome thing about the bear hug is the great message it sends to America's angry young black men.  :)

CountDeMoney

Yes, makes me want to run out and hug an angry young black man right now.

DGuller

He could visibly piss his pants and forget who he is at a campaign rally & you'd still gush about how awesome he is.

To be fair, in that regard, being a Romney supporter is easier.  You know that your man is very unlikely to piss his pants in public.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2012, 07:55:29 PM

To be fair, in that regard, being a Romney supporter is easier.  You know that your man is very unlikely to piss his pants in public.
Magic underpants double as a diaper.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

OttoVonBismarck

I wanted to say it takes some serious balls to bear hug POTUS and lift him off the ground...but as I thought about that, I don't know what it takes. I just know I don't have it.

OttoVonBismarck

Joe Biden is hilarious but I'm still really confused that he's our VP. What possible political advantage did he ever bring to the Obama campaign? Biden has been a joke for 20 years. I have a hard time thinking of a Democrat who would be a worse running mate for Obama in terms of what he brings to the table.