News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

anyone ever been to Miami Beach? Advice PLZ

Started by Caliga, September 08, 2012, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

My half-Ecuadoran muchacho at work told me that while at MIA, Versailles and La Carreta are both worth a visit for some Cuban grub.

On a related note, my brother's flight from Philly to Miami got cancelled tomorrow due to yet another storm. :lmfao:

This gave me another opportunity to mock him for living in an uninhabitable part of the country.  I relish such opportunities. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Would you please stop taunting Gaia? When she Smacks you, the rest of us in the ohio valley get it too.

Thank you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Caliga

I approve of this banana republic so far.

Also, I got a Cuban sammich at La Carreta in Miami airport.  Muy delicioso  :cool:

Caliga

So last night I discovered a local drink called 'rum punch' that's totally kickass.  In the past 24 hours I've had approximately 20 of them. :cool:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I got tired of them by yesterday, so I switched to gin and tonics at the wedding reception... except I think they forgot the 'tonic' part of that drink.  My brother was wise enough to prevent me from making a toast in that condition. :cool:

Caliga

For dinner I had conch curry, rice, and plantain fries.  Princesca had cracked conch and conch fritters with peas and rice.  :mmm:

Caliga

A nice French-Canadian couple gave us a ride to a Moroccan restaurant earlier tonight.  I think this is the first time I have met nice French-Canadians. :)

Caliga

Miami Beach is FAB-U-LOUS!

I had dinner at Havana 1957.  Fried yuca and masas de puerco washed down with two Cruzan Gold mojitos.  :cool:

I think we're the only people here who aren't Latino, gay, or German. :hmm:

Caliga

Also, this week I managed to complete the Canuck trifecta by meeting one couple from Vancouver, one from Toronto, and one from Montreal. :bowler:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on November 14, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
Also, this week I managed to complete the Canuck trifecta by meeting one couple from Vancouver, one from Toronto, and one from Montreal. :bowler:

Do you actually enjoy striking up conversations with complete strangers who you'll never see again?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?