News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

The Neighbors

WTF were they on when they greenlit that shit?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Jesus Garb. I would think you could tell it was horrible from ads for it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

I don't have tv so I don't see show ads. :P

Seriously though, how does something like that get air time?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Week two of revolution  and we already have a mystery bad guy and a resurrection. Bored with this show already.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Finished watchign Political Animals with Sigourney Weaver playing Hilary Clin Secretary of State. It was alright. Could have been cut down into four episodes from six. But watchable for the most part.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

First episode of Last Resort.

Excellent and very credible plot, very deep tv show with lots of unexpected twists.  Excellent acting, especially the pretty girl on the island who spoke one line during the entire hour.

To quote someone:
Quoteit is dumb.

I'll give it a chance.  I'll watch it one more week.

I have yet to watch what could be my final episode of World Without End.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Show's can be dumb and entertaining.  I just don't know that this one has any staying power. 
PDH!

FunkMonk

Caught the last fifteen minutes of CBS' Sherlock Holmes knockoff last night.

Unimpressive. Poorly cast Sherlock Holmes; guy looks like a bad bartender. I can buy a female Watson (especially Lucy Liu  :perv:), but the two don't seem to have any chemistry. Definitely not the type of energy like between Cumberbatch and Freeman.

I didn't see the whole show so I can't really speak to the story or the case.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Lucy Liu is enough reason to avoid that show.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Tonitrus

Quote from: viper37 on September 28, 2012, 10:41:44 AM
First episode of Last Resort.

Excellent and very credible plot, very deep tv show with lots of unexpected twists.  Excellent acting, especially the pretty girl on the island who spoke one line during the entire hour.

To quote someone:
Quoteit is dumb.

I'll give it a chance.  I'll watch it one more week.

I have yet to watch what could be my final episode of World Without End.

Interesting enough that I'll follow it, but I feel it will be like Terra Nova.

And speaking of dinosaurs, if you want to see more of the island girl, check out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_Rex

...it's absolutely terrible, but it has a lot of her in a loincloth bikini.

(I saw it on the Syfy channel...though youtube actually has the entire move, but only dubbed in spanish)

Malthus

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 28, 2012, 02:09:22 PM
Caught the last fifteen minutes of CBS' Sherlock Holmes knockoff last night.

Unimpressive. Poorly cast Sherlock Holmes; guy looks like a bad bartender. I can buy a female Watson (especially Lucy Liu  :perv:), but the two don't seem to have any chemistry. Definitely not the type of energy like between Cumberbatch and Freeman.

I didn't see the whole show so I can't really speak to the story or the case.

I can just see the scene in the TV Producer's Boardroom:

"Yeah, we like us some US version of Sherlock. But that Sherlock-Watson stuff is too fruity for the US audience. I mean, what are they, queer or something?  :hmm: Wait, I know - make Watson a hott chick! Pure genius!  :smarty: "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

I like Downey and Law and their FX budget.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Tosh's new animated show on Comedy Central, Brickleberry, is pretty fucking funny.  It's not South Park, but it's funny and better than some of that other animation they've tossed around before. 
I think Ed would appreciate it.

dps

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2012, 05:15:34 PM
Wait, I know - make Watson a hott chick! Pure genius!  :smarty: "

Them how do you explain the casting of Lucy Liu?