DEAD MAN WALKING!

Started by Ed Anger, September 03, 2012, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54

:(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Damn, his girlfriend had just saved him from a heart attack within the last couple weeks.

The Larch

They just showed The Green Mile here on tv tonight, scary coincidence....  :(

DGuller

I never understood the point of that movie.  Spend the whole time establishing what a good guy the main character is, only to have other good guys execute him in the end, because the main good guy was a little too depressed to fight his sentence.  I kind of missed the moral of the story there.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2012, 06:44:08 PM
I never understood the point of that movie.  Spend the whole time establishing what a good guy the main character is, only to have other good guys execute him in the end, because the main good guy was a little too depressed to fight his sentence.  I kind of missed the moral of the story there.

Well, it is based on a Stephen King novel.

DGuller

So was Shawshank Redemption.

Neil

What were they going to do?  Bust him out of jail?  Go to the judge and tell him that he had a vision of his innocence?  Hell, this is the US.  If they found out that he was a real magical negro, they'd execute him on general principle.

Also, the lesson you learn is that when you condemn a miracle like that to die, you're cursed with a lengthened lifespan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

You're Russian.  You're really not supposed to get empathy. :P

dps

First off, John Coffey isn't the main character--Paul Edgecomb is.  Second, they didn't have any evidence that they could have used in court, though if the guards had been willing to perjure themselves, they could have claimed that Wild Bill confessed to the killings before Percy went nuts and shot him.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 07:24:22 PM

You're Russian.  You're really not supposed to get empathy. :P
I get empathy quite well, actually.  It's hard to feign empathy if you don't understand that phenomenon perfectly.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on September 03, 2012, 07:50:46 PM

First off, John Coffey isn't the main character--Paul Edgecomb is.  Second, they didn't have any evidence that they could have used in court, though if the guards had been willing to perjure themselves, they could have claimed that Wild Bill confessed to the killings before Percy went nuts and shot him.
The big guy didn't have to have Wild Bill shot, for one, at least not until he was no longer useful.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2012, 07:58:45 PM
The big guy didn't have to have Wild Bill shot, for one, at least not until he was no longer useful.

He didn't.  Evil has its own way of working itself around.

merithyn

The guards offered to break him out, but John told them not to. He said that he was tired and it was time for him to go to sleep forever. It was his choice to die, and he made that choice because his "gift" made him miserable. The guards accepted that and allowed John to go to the chair.

It's a Stephen King novel. There doesn't have to be a moral to it, and there usually isn't one.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Siege

No more Mission Impossible movies then.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"