The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
Sherrod Brown wants to take mine away.
I thought mental competency requirements were already part of the gun laws?  :huh:

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on September 07, 2012, 03:16:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
Sherrod Brown wants to take mine away.
I thought mental competency requirements were already part of the gun laws?  :huh:

Stop stalking me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2012, 03:10:41 PM
I might go ahead & just vote early.  In which case I'll proudly show my very-difficult-to-obtain state-issued ID.

I find it rather pathetic the supposed small government party wants to force everybody to get a government ID in this way.  Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
I find it rather pathetic the supposed small government party wants to force everybody to get a government ID in this way.  Ah well.

Nobody's being forced to get an ID. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2012, 03:45:08 PM

:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Heh.  Just another thing you cannot do in society without one.  You might as well be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on September 07, 2012, 03:47:08 PM

Well, he's correct in that regard;  after all, you don't have to vote.   
But that's the whole point, now isn't it?

The Brain

There are countries where you have to vote. We call those Belgium and North Korea.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I am decided who to vote for. Trumpets will sound and rivers will turn to blood.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2012, 04:32:45 PM
I am decided who to vote for. Trumpets will sound and rivers will turn to blood.

Wait, don't tell me-- for Senate you're voting for Scott Rupert, the Independent candidate who apparently has $389 in campaign funds and works by day as a truck driver!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Ohio,_2012#Candidates_2

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2012, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2012, 04:32:45 PM

Wait, don't tell me-- for Senate you're voting for Scott Rupert, the Independent candidate who apparently has $389 in campaign funds and works by day as a truck driver!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Ohio,_2012#Candidates_2

I have more money in my couch cushions.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2012, 12:43:11 PM
Then I guess if you hand over that cheese bought on credit to an unemployed person you meet Jacob's definition of citizenship.
Am I to take from this that you're not interested in arguing in good faith?
This is silly semantics.  If the employee gets to claim partial credit for the taxes the employer pays on his profits, then the employer gets to claim partial credit for the taxes the employee pays on his wages and it all washes out.
Yes, one might say that both are contributors.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on September 07, 2012, 04:53:10 PM
Am I to take from this that you're not interested in arguing in good faith?

I am interested in arguing in good faith.  Jacob defined citizenship as buying cheese for people who are down on their luck.  I disagree with that.  But it's also true that half of Americans make no net contribution to discretionary federal spending.

Razgovory

Wait, what?  Half of Americans make no net contribution to discretionary federal spending?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2012, 04:59:59 PM
I am interested in arguing in good faith.  Jacob defined citizenship as buying cheese for people who are down on their luck.  I disagree with that.  But it's also true that half of Americans make no net contribution to discretionary federal spending.
As it happens I also disagree with Jacobs definition, but I also disagree with your apparent assertion that no direct contribution means no contribution.