Hey Siegy, you know any of these guys? Do you know FEAR?

Started by Jacob, August 27, 2012, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

An obvious political ploy to steal GOP thunder from their convention, and portray Obama as a legitimate American President with an assassination plot.

Well, the American people just won't stand for that.

Barrister

So wait - are they charged with plotting to kill Obama, or as part of their ongoing murder charge, did they find evidence about them talking about killing Obama?

As I understand it, there's no shortage of rightwing zenophobic assholes who like to talk a big game about RAHOWA or whatever nonsense of the day.  Trouble is they rarely do anything to act on it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Siege

Are these dudes active duty?
The article isn't clear on this.

And taking over Fort Stewart?
Taking control of the AHA (ammo holding area) seems like could work only on paper.
The AHA is where Pvt Dumb goes to pick up ammo to take it to the range and shoot, but it is NOT where all the ammo on base is located, just where the ammo planned to be used in training during the next 30 days is holded.

Yes, American bases are very vulnerable because for safety issues the units have weapons, but no ammo. The ammo is kept separated from the weapons, which means if somebody were to attack my entire Brigade right now here in Fort Campbell, we would have nothing to shoot back with.

However, the MPs (military police) do have their own ammo, and they have not just M9 Pistols, like most PVTs think, but M4 and M249s as well. When the alarm goes off, those wanna-be terrorist would have to deal with a company of MPs, and an hour later or so with the entire fucking base.

I'll have to check the UCMJ, but I think these dudes are dead. This is fucking treason.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Yes, how do we know all this is real?
Nobody else is covering this.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

dps

Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2012, 04:15:36 PM
So wait - are they charged with plotting to kill Obama, or as part of their ongoing murder charge, did they find evidence about them talking about killing Obama?

As I understand it, there's no shortage of rightwing zenophobic assholes who like to talk a big game about RAHOWA or whatever nonsense of the day.  Trouble is they rarely do anything to act on it.

They aren't right-wingers.  Apparantly, they are, believe it or not, anarchists.   I mean, wtf, this isn't 1922 or 1936.

Neil

Jacob was an anarchist.  He might be in on the plot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2012, 07:09:07 PM
Jacob was an anarchist.  He might be in on the plot.

He does seem to know a lot about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 27, 2012, 05:54:16 PM
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-833710?ref=feeds%2Flatest

Not that you didn't prove your point - but this isn't a good source. It clearly states on that page that the article has not been vetted so as to be reporting on cnn.com.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on August 27, 2012, 07:03:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 27, 2012, 04:15:36 PM

They aren't right-wingers.  Apparantly, they are, believe it or not, anarchists.   I mean, wtf, this isn't 1922 or 1936.

Maybe they are anarcho-capitalists.  That would explain why one was a page at the GOP convention.  Or maybe they don't understand Anarchism.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Sounds about as bright as the Cleveland bridge bombers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2012, 08:42:11 PM

Or the Albanian pizza shop guys from the Fort Dix plot.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2012, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2012, 08:42:11 PM

Or the Albanian pizza shop guys from the Fort Dix plot.

Or the Somali Columbus mall plotters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien