News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Horrors of the upcoming Christmas season

Started by Ed Anger, August 26, 2012, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I got a Leappad Explorer for my 18months old. Age recommendation? Fuck that, I want my phone back.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 26, 2012, 09:46:47 AM
I have an old one (not sure how I came to acquire it tho) and my kid is terrified by it. It's hilarious.

I don't remember how the topic came up, but on Thanksgiving my kids (18 and 16.5) were talking about the horrors of the Furbys they used to have when they were small.  I had no idea but apparently they hid them in their closets and the Furby in the Closet was a running joke/horror story between themselves for quite a while.

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 11:45:26 AM
This will be a Lego Christmas for Tommy.  No idea what to buy for a nearly 2-year old girl :unsure:

Riley loved building blocks at that age. Things she could stack and knock over. Also, undestructible books - think cloth books, crinkle books, plastic-covered books, etc.

Building blocks for a girl?  What, do you want them growing up to have a non-traditional career goal? :mad:

Barbies and make make-up kits instead.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 11:45:26 AM
This will be a Lego Christmas for Tommy.  No idea what to buy for a nearly 2-year old girl :unsure:

Riley loved building blocks at that age. Things she could stack and knock over. Also, undestructible books - think cloth books, crinkle books, plastic-covered books, etc.

Okay, books are on the list now.  She doesn't seem to like building blocks, at least not those jumbo-sized things that Tommy doesn't play with any more except for "making guns".  She's not really into dolls yet but she does like stuffed animals.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

My. Little. Pony.

Best pacifier of little girls ever invented.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 26, 2012, 12:06:59 PM
I got a Leappad Explorer for my 18months old. Age recommendation? Fuck that, I want my phone back.

Good idea.  My wife made the grave error of letting her play with her iPad once and we've literally had to keep hiding it from her since. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2012, 12:17:10 PM
My. Little. Pony.

Best pacifier of little girls and 30-45-year-old men ever invented.

:D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

My. Little. Pony.

Okay, that's on the list as well now.  Thanks.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 12:16:01 PM

Okay, books are on the list now.  She doesn't seem to like building blocks, at least not those jumbo-sized things that Tommy doesn't play with any more except for "making guns".  She's not really into dolls yet but she does like stuffed animals.

The pillow stuffed animals seem to be big. Might think about something like that.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 12:21:13 PM
My. Little. Pony.

Okay, that's on the list as well now.  Thanks.

Show her the cartoon. She'll be hooked. Try to avert you gaze like I do to avoid the brony rays.

Also, there is a pony app. Don't let her see that.

Valmy

My. Little. Pony.

I looked at them because my sister played with them when she was a kid so I thought it would be funny.  But the toys are smaller and have more small pieces than I remember.  Maybe when she is four or so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2012, 12:22:51 PM
Show her the cartoon. She'll be hooked. Try to avert you gaze like I do to avoid the brony rays.

The cartoon is not too bad at least.  Thomas the Tank Engine on the other hand :bleeding:

Though now David has moved onto this weird Canadian spelling show, Super Why.  I guess an Australian show is next.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 12:23:25 PM
My. Little. Pony.

I looked at them because my sister played with them when she was a kid so I thought it would be funny.  But the toys are smaller and have more small pieces than I remember.  Maybe when she is four or so.

Yeah, I forgot the small stuff.  :blush:

I'm used to 4 year olds.

Ed Anger

Also, Power Wheels. You wife will panic when the kid hits warp speed down the road. Trust me.  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2012, 12:30:24 PM
Also, Power Wheels. You wife will panic when the kid hits warp speed down the road. Trust me.  :lol:

My parents have one at their house.  Definitely more entertainment for me than for the kids :D