News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Memphis Meet 12/8/25

Started by Lettow77, August 25, 2012, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

What, nobody goes to Neely Brothers anymore in Memphis?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 04:31:23 PM

I've seen enough of those fuckers on the food network.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 04:33:28 PM

I wanted to punch Gina in the babymaker the first few times I saw that show.  After that they started to grow on me.  :blush:

mongers

Glad you guys met up.  :cool:

Now we know you're both real, though I always thought AR suspect what with his tales of Che-adventures down Mexico way.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on August 28, 2012, 04:44:08 PM

I wanted to punch Gina in the babymaker the first few times I saw that show.  After that they started to grow on me.  :blush:

Now y'all need to get some brown sugar y'all and some salt y'all. Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 04:53:03 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 28, 2012, 04:44:08 PM

Now y'all need to get some brown sugar y'all and some salt y'all. Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL Y'ALL.

The one I truly can't stand is Sunny Anderson.  She isn't nearly as annoying as the Neely's but every time I saw her I erupted into an unexplainable rage.

Ed Anger

sbr

Capetan Mihali

I went to some hip (beer-only) bar in Memphis that was a winding path of small rooms upstairs, supposedly a brothel closed in the 50s and left unrestored above the entry floor.  We were alone on a Sunday in the late afternoon and some of the rooms were really spooky.

Also went to Gus's which is unequivocally the best fried chicken I've ever had.  Ordering 40s of beer for the table was also great, even though I'd first had that novel experience in Little Rock.

The Stax-Volt museum is great if you like the music.  They have Isaac Hayes's gold-plated Cadillac on a revolving display.  It's in a rough-looking neighborhood (next to a charter school affiliated with the museum or something).
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on August 28, 2012, 12:53:24 AM
Even some liberals are like that.  The other day, I off-handedly mentioned (in context, I didn't randomly bring it up) that the CSA was an enemy of all humankind, evil in the same way that Nazis were evil, and that any person involved in the material support of its treason, which is to say every person within it that was not engaged in its overthrow (qualifying that, perhaps, with "free person," was a legitimate target of war.  I got some pushback from a bisexual lady Democrat.

The point is, this gutlessness is the worst thing about the modern left.

I suspect you'd have a lot more people defending the Nazis if they had been invaded by Poland and France.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

The CSA invaded the Union.  Starting with South Carolina.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Ide, your rhetoric will hopefully get less fiery when your living conditions improve. Naturally I don't begrudge you your opinions, but I think even thinking like that makes people unhappy- mostly yourself, I mean. Passion can make your blood sing, but a more chronic radicalism just seems like an embittering agent.

I gather that you'd like a woman, but some sort of inner happiness might be a good first step. I worry about you, just a little, from time to time. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

lustindarkness

Lettow, your rhetoric will hopefully get less fiery when your living conditions improve. Naturally I don't begrudge you your opinions, but I think even thinking like that makes people unhappy- mostly yourself, I mean. Passion can make your blood sing, but a more chronic radicalism just seems like an embittering agent.

I gather that you'd like a woman, but some sort of inner happiness might be a good first step. I worry about you, just a little, from time to time.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Faeelin

You took him to Corky's instead of Central? WTF man.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 29, 2012, 01:02:09 AM
Passion can make your blood sing, but a more chronic radicalism just seems like an embittering agent.
This is wisdom.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.