News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breivik gets 21 years

Started by Martinus, August 24, 2012, 03:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 03:08:35 PM
Year - a norwegian prison year is 8 months. Yes, norwegian prisoners get vacation days. And, willy mays style, they get released for weekend visits to family and often for christmas.

:lol: :pinch:

SAY HEY
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 03:08:35 PMEh, no...

I appreciate you breaking it down further, but I don't see anything you said that contradicted what I said; you only expanded it.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2012, 01:20:38 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 07:15:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2012, 05:13:26 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 03:55:19 AM
Formally he gets a life sentence but that has been normalized to 21 years.

What does this mean?

When you get sentenced to a life sentence you actually get sentenced to a 21 year sentence.

Damn, I thought you people lived longer then that.
:lol: It's a dog life in Norwegia.

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on August 24, 2012, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 03:08:35 PMEh, no...

I appreciate you breaking it down further, but I don't see anything you said that contradicted what I said; you only expanded it.

You were not wrong you just answered a question about norwegian "life" imprisonment with the answer to a question about what "storage" was.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 03:12:22 PM
Year - a norwegian prison year is 8 months. Yes, norwegian prisoners get vacation days. And, willy mays style, they get released for weekend visits to family and often for christmas.

SAY HEY

Time has some good photos of a Norwegian prison.  http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083,00.html  Pretty nice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

And, willy mays style, they get released for weekend visits to family and often for christmas.

That's awesome.

"Cowboy just like Outlaw Yosey Vales, jes?"

derspiess

I've never tried Willie Mays-style, btw.  Does it involve "over the shoulder" somehow?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

I see where I fucked up.

Willie Horton, not Willie Mays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

:lol:  I had no idea what Willie Mays style was.

Solmyr

See, in Scandiweenia it's often a good idea to commit a serious crime just to improve your standard of living.

Jacob

Quote from: Solmyr on August 24, 2012, 04:24:39 PM
See, in Scandiweenia it's often a good idea to commit a serious crime just to improve your standard of living.

I don't think what you saw in those pictures represents an increase in standard of living for most Norwegians.

alfred russel

This is why Norway is such a crime ridden society.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2012, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 03:12:22 PM

SAY HEY

Time has some good photos of a Norwegian prison.  http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083,00.html  Pretty nice.

Yeah, for the majority of inmates it's probably a good thing; might help then change their ways without brutalising them further and engendering or worsening mental illnesses.

Though, probably for the hardened criminal it won't much change their way of life back in the outside world.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Of course he probably doesn't want to get out in 21 years time. He beleives by then Norway will be part of one big Eurabia and the Moslem warlords will have him stoned to death by Sharia court anyways.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: alfred russel on August 24, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

This is why Norway is such a crime ridden society.

No that is why almost all our criminals are immigrants (note I am an immigrant, but not criminal) and criminals come from all over the eastern bloc to commit crimes here and don't fear conviction because sentences are lenient, prison is lenient and politicians regularly kick foreign prisoners back to their home countries.

Strangely enough Lithuania et.al. repeatedly offer to take our lithuanian prisoners and stick them in lithuanian prisons for the duration of the sentence but we can't.. human rights and what not. That is why Mullah Krekar freely walks our streets cuz Iraq would almost certainly torture him and probably execute him if we sent him to his deserved fate.