News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Voter ID controversy

Started by Martinus, August 17, 2012, 01:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Yeah but then again you live in an anarchy where not every single citizen has to have an ID. Fucking Madmax style hippies.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2012, 04:05:00 AM
Yeah but then again you live in an anarchy where not every single citizen has to have an ID. Fucking Madmax style hippies.
And you live in a Marxist dictatorship where you are not allowed on the streets without your papers.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 17, 2012, 04:08:30 AM
And you live in a Marxist dictatorship where you are not allowed on the streets without your papers.

How else are you going to identify terrorists??

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2012, 04:10:08 AM

How else are you going to identify terrorists the Jews??

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2012, 05:41:18 AM

With a big yellow star sewn onto their clothing. Duh.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2012, 05:50:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2012, 05:41:18 AM

With a big yellow star sewn onto their clothing. Duh.  :rolleyes:

Still had to show their papers, though.  I YAM EEESSENTIAL VERKER

Grey Fox

How else are you going to identify terrorists??

They are the arabs looking ones.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

So you do get a "voter card" sort of thing? Then it is okay, altough still somebody could steal it from you and vote in your place.

garbon

No, I've never had a voter card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Okay so then let's get a run at this again.

I seriously admire the American take on this (and the British one, altough IIRC they do have voter cards?)

The question, which remains though: Do you have this system because indeed your politicans and people in general would not think to abuse this easily abuse-able system, or it is just a matter of being naive and thinking it works, while the select few abuse it to hell and make Dubya win by a few votes in Florida?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2012, 07:14:49 AM
So you do get a "voter card" sort of thing? Then it is okay, altough still somebody could steal it from you and vote in your place.

Why would someone steal a voter registration card and vote in your place, anyway?  That doesn't make any sense.

Solmyr

To make Dubya win by a few votes in Florida?

garbon

Because widespread voter fraud would never be detected...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Not if you can just show up without any ID and get to vote under whatever name you say.

garbon