News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

USA--World's Most Well-Rounded Country

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 16, 2012, 11:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Here

The U.S. population has reached a nerdy and delightful milestone.

Shortly after 2:29 p.m. on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, the U.S. population was exactly 314,159,265, or pi (π) times 100 million, the U.S. Census Bureau reports. The U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock projects the real-time size of the U.S. population based on monthly population estimates.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Americans are pretty well rounded in other ways too.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

That's right - that womens gold in soccer rounded things out nicely.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: PDH on August 16, 2012, 12:11:14 PM
That's right - that womens gold in soccer rounded things out nicely.
Oh, that's right.  I already forgot about it.  That's the problem with having things that you got easily.  :(

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Being the least fit nation on the planet - aka most round - they must console themselves with a gold medal with an asterix emblazoned on it.

The Minsky Moment

And here I thought it was the Canadians who held onto things too long.   ;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 16, 2012, 11:13:55 AM
Here

The U.S. population has reached a nerdy and delightful milestone.

Shortly after 2:29 p.m. on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, the U.S. population was exactly 314,159,265, or pi (π) times 100 million, the U.S. Census Bureau reports. The U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock projects the real-time size of the U.S. population based on monthly population estimates.

Don't one or two American states legislatiors have recognised this event 2-3 years or 14,159,265 people ago ? 

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 16, 2012, 12:22:54 PM
And here I thought it was the Canadians who held onto things too long.   ;)

One only reaches that conclusion if one acts unreasonably or if one is incompetant.

Capetan Mihali

I'm afraid to post in this thread without my gun.   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

HVC

It wasn't even a real soccer match. It was women's soccer! No one will remember thei names in three months time :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on August 16, 2012, 01:14:22 PM
It wasn't even a real soccer match. It was women's soccer! No one will remember thei names in three months time :lol:
That's a major concern, true.  That's why we should mention Abby Wambach's name every six days.

Grey Fox

Hope Solo is a much better name. Sounds like she's a Jedi.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.