Texas High School teacher in orgies with teenage boys

Started by Syt, August 16, 2012, 10:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

gays in a clique?  Why, that's like tits on a bull!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 16, 2012, 08:14:15 PM
gays in a clique?  Why, that's like tits on a bull!

I was the only gay member that I know of. But yeah apparently they didn't like that those of us who actually cared about our work would turn to each other for help. Our anti-clique involved a girl who slept at her desk and a one who repeatedly told people she was too busy to do anything. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on August 16, 2012, 01:56:27 PM
Heh, the non-mugshot pics make her look far more attractive, unsurprisingly.  :lol:

I have no idea what the law is in the US, but I agree with those who hold it to be a matter of job discipline, not criminal law - unless there was evidence she somehow coerced these guys into it.

Edit: 20 years possible maximum? Woah.

Yeah, that's so fucked up I wonder if it might implicate some Eighth Amendment issues.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on August 16, 2012, 12:52:49 PM
Teachers shouldn't be allowed to strike. They hold huge political sway (compared to other groups anyway) and the coupled with strike powers gives them an u fair bargaining power. That and it should be easier to fire crappy tenured teachers. Beyond that teachers are cool with me.

:lol: Striking serves nothing when your employer has the ability to enact a special law to make you go back to work. Just ask the Quebec government's lawyers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Also, before I lose interest, possibly Fourteenth Amendment concerns, on both privacy and equal protection grounds.

I was wondering if this had the same marriage exception as the SC don't-fuck-your-students-law.  Is that constitutionally permissible?  To render sexual act criminal for unwed lovers only?  I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean much.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 12:18:57 PM
Quoteword spread about the sexual encounters to other students, one of whom told their mother, a school employee.

Always a fucking rat.

Of course. You should always keep the rats within your calculations for everything you do in life.
Rats are not an unknown variable.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

dps

Yeah, the question is, "Who's the rat?" not, "Is there a rat?".

CountDeMoney

5 years.  A bit much for consenting 18 year old "victims", but hey, don't mess with Texas.

QuoteTexas teacher sentenced to five years in prison for having sex with five students

Updated 8 p.m. ET: FORT WORTH, Texas -- Brittni Colleps, the Kennedale teacher accused of having improper sexual relationships with several of her students, has been found guilty on all counts of five indictments against her.

Colleps was sentenced to five years in prison Friday afternoon.

Colleps showed no emotion as the guilty verdicts were read on all 16 counts of the indictments. Her husband, on the other hand, was emotional and crying as his wife, with her bail now revoked, was led from the courtroom in the custody of the state.

Colleps was indicted on five charges of having an inappropriate relationship between a teacher and student after school officials learned of the allegations and took the matter to the Arlington police.

The trial began earlier this week with graphic testimony including text messages and a cell phone video that showed one of the alleged sexual incidents. The prosecution wrapped up their case Thursday before closing arguments began Friday morning.

The five victims all testified to having a sexual relationship with the married mother of three in her Arlington home between April and May of 2011. All five of the students were in Colleps' senior English class in the spring of 2011 and all of the victims were at least 18 when the incidents occurred.

Despite their age, Texas law forbids sexual relationships between teachers and students, even if the students are legal adults and consent to the relationship. Several of the victims testified Thursday to not wanting to testify in the trial with one of them saying he didn't want to press charges.

After closing arguments, the jury took about an hour to render the verdict.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2012, 10:50:26 PMHer husband, on the other hand, was emotional and crying

Seems like this would make it easier to find a chick who isn't interested in getting plowed by four 18 year old dudes at the same time while you're (presumably) not around.  Although it could be one of those open relationships. 

"What'd you do today honey?"
"Four dudes at the same time!"
"Well that's nice."

Syt

Meanwhile in Germany, a swimming trainer is in court because of a liaison he had with a then 16 year old girl he was coaching. Only major point of contention: did he coerce her and abuse his position of authority, or did she consent?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 17, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2012, 10:50:26 PMHer husband, on the other hand, was emotional and crying

Seems like this would make it easier to find a chick who isn't interested in getting plowed by four 18 year old dudes at the same time while you're (presumably) not around.  Although it could be one of those open relationships. 

Watching the footage from his plea for leniency, it was based on having to deal with 3 kids on his own while on active duty.

Martinus

America is such a retarded country. It's almost as bad as Russia or Iran.  :lol:

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2012, 04:56:33 AM
America is such a retarded country. It's almost as bad as Russia or Iran.  :lol:

America is not as bad as Russia.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2012, 04:56:33 AM
America The South, particularly Texas is such a retarded country. It's almost as bad as Russia or Iran.  :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Like a Pole is in any position to say that. You live in a 'building' made from unexploded German shells for god sake.
PDH!