Autumn
22 (62.9%)
Winter
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Martinus

Simple as that. I also think we may have had this thread before but so what? :P

For me, it's strangely enough Autumn.

It could be because it is the most laid-back season, or because in Poland it is usually quite pretty, especially in September/October, when the days are still quite warm and sunny, the foliage gets yellow and red, but the days are getting short so there is none of the frantic hyper-activity of summer but also none of the deathly ennui of winter.

MadImmortalMan

Agreed. Autumn is best. Girls haven't given up wearing short skirts, football is starting, my birthday comes around, it's no longer insanely hot. Slutty Halloween costumes. The stock market crashes. Everything is great in the fall.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, too many allergies in the spring. Fall it is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Probably Summer though I like Fall as well. Depends largely on where I am as in New York most of the seasons aren't so lovely whereas in SF most of the seasons are the same. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Summer is awesome because of vacation, the beach, going to the pool, and, when I was a kid, being out of school.

Autumn is awesome because of football, the crisp but comfortable feeling in the air, and Halloween.

Winter is awesome because of snow, being able to use the fireplace, more football, and Christmas.

Spring has the start of baseball and March Madness, but that's about it.

Voted winter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

I'm surprised Autumn is leading, with Winter in the second place.

But I guess it was to be expected in a forum full of nerds. :D

Sheilbh

Autumn - often an Indian summer, lots of clear, crisp days. Good food.
Summer.
Winter.
Spring - I think this is the worst season in the UK. May is normally nice.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2012, 01:40:08 PM
I'm surprised Autumn is leading, with Winter in the second place.

But I guess it was to be expected in a forum full of nerds. :D

If I remember correctly, last time we did this Fall was the runaway winner.

As you say, we are nerds. We don't like being too hot & we like football.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

I should say I love the heat, but I think summer's a lot nicer outside London (2012 excepted :wub:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Yeah, we also get something like the "Indian summer" in Poland (called "old woman's summer" :P), which makes it a very nice season. Otoh, summers are very unpredictable - for example last week was super-hot and now it is 14 Celsius.

Barrister

Fall is very nice too, but...

Summer is hiking season.  And Camping.  And fishing.  And all that is good with the world.

So summer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.