Leader Of Anti-Semitic Party In Hungary Discovers He's Jewish

Started by Arvoreen, August 14, 2012, 01:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Why are all the outlets covering this story now? As the NPR article states and from my recollection - didn't we discuss this back in June?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

At least he's not a gypsy.

@garbon- I seem to recall our resident beet farmer mentioning it. :yes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Arvoreen

NPR points out that AP only just picked it up/ran a piece on it today....

garbon

Quote from: Arvoreen on August 14, 2012, 01:31:29 PM

Which again goes back to my question. Are we just that much more informed about Hungary than the mainstream press that we had our scoop almost 2 months prior?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

That makes sense - once AP picks it up it'll spread all over.

But yeah Tamas has kept us up to date on it for awhile now - maybe as far back as 2010.

Man Jobbik must be full of some dim bulbs.  If you're running a modern sortof-kindof-wedon'twanttosay anti-semitic party, you WANT a token Jew around to be able to say "see?  we're not anti-semitic - we just hate Zionism/circumcision/international financiers".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on August 14, 2012, 01:39:54 PM
"We're not anti-Jewish, our own leader is Jewish"

Precisely.

Despite the fact he isn't actually Jewish, given that he doesn't practice it, didn't know about it, and is probably at least nominally Catholic.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on August 14, 2012, 01:39:54 PM
"We're not anti-Jewish, our own leader is Jewish"
plus keeping a bribing jew on the books works both ways. "we have a jew as are leader, and he's a coniving dirty jew just like we told you all jews are!"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

sbr

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:33:50 PM

Which again goes back to my question. Are we just that much more informed about Hungary than the mainstream press that we had our scoop almost 2 months prior?

We have an embeeted reporter.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2012, 01:59:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:33:50 PM

We have an embeeted reporter.

Things I know far more than the regular person thanks to Languish:

-Hungarian politics
-anime and comic books
-bicycles
-British journalism industry
-Baltimore crime blotter
-Polish gay rights (or lack thereof)
-Ohio crime blotter

I used to update everyone on Yukon current events, but I can't be bothered to tell you what's happening in Edmonton. :(

garbon

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 02:10:05 PM
Thanks implies gratitude.
i liked hearing about the yukon. It made me happy i didn't live in the yukon :D