And we're back!

Main Menu

LFBBL 2009

Started by katmai, March 12, 2009, 09:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2009, 03:35:40 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2009, 02:18:02 AM

Thanks, but I guess I'll abstain and play OOTP instead. :)

what version are you playing and how you liking it?

I haven't picked up an OOTP since they flirted that short time with SIgames.

The latest (9, they're working on 10).

Dunno how the previous ones were, but this one's rather slick and highly customizable as to how you want to play it. Play by play (with/without taking action), as coach or as GM or commissioner and anything in between.

Still trying to find the balance between high immersion (playing each game) and playability (at PbP I manage two or three games a weekday, more on weekends; so a season would take pretty long, esp. when you want to play more than one season), i.e. simming games and just check scores/results. I've taken to simming a series of games or a week, then look at the scores/stats to see if anything needs changing; though I admit I leave a lot ot the coaches (there's plenty finetuning for what strategy to use in what game situation) and focus on contracts/drafts.

Interesting that such a "very American" game comes from a head designer sitting near Hamburg.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2009, 03:35:40 AM
I haven't picked up an OOTP since they flirted that short time with SIgames.

You may want to check their homepage: OOTP10 is soon coming out, and pre-orders are 10$ off (=29.99$).
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp10/

QuoteHere is a list of the planned new features and changes, with more being added almost daily:

* 2009 Major League Rosters
    * Reworked Pitching System
    * Customizable In-Game Screen
    * Improved In-Game AI
    * Enhanced Play-By-Play
    * Inaugural Draft With Budgets
    * Improved Arbitration
    * Improved Free Agent Compensation
    * Improved Player Evaluation AI
    * Improved Injury System
    * Minor League Disabled Lists
    * Optional Reserve Roster Limit
    * More News Stories
    * eMail Support in Online Leagues
    * Improved Historical Simulation
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

So if anyone is interested apparently BA is trying to give away his team in league as he has washed his hands of this place. :lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I could play if you need another.

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2009, 09:06:35 PM
So if anyone is interested apparently BA is trying to give away his team in league as he has washed his hands of this place. :lmfao:

Man, wtf happen. I'm sure some chick bite some part of his Penis off cause he's gone Female on us.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Victory.  3rd Championship in 5 years. :cool:  Ya'll should have taken my team. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tonitrus

I clicked on this thread thinking it was for the Lingerie Football League.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 05, 2009, 02:56:14 PM
I clicked on this thread thinking it was for the Lingerie Football League.  :mad:

I support the crotchless panties team.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 05, 2009, 02:49:53 PM
Victory.  3rd Championship in 5 years. :cool:  Ya'll should have taken my team. :lol:

considering I stop checking my team mid august you are welcome. :p

Sophie Scholl

Pfft... you weren't even in the championship game, Mr. Excuses every time he loses. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 05, 2009, 04:12:51 PM
Pfft... you weren't even in the championship game, Mr. Excuses every time he loses. :lol:

I wasn't In Championship because I didn't pay attention to the league, dumbass :rolleyes: