News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iraq > Iran

Started by The Minsky Moment, August 11, 2012, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

3 million barrels day and rising vs. 2.9 million and falling.

Not bad, even if 8 years late on the Hansmeister neocrazervative timetable.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

The problem is we're not taking a "war booty" cut.

MadImmortalMan

Not only that, but China is getting it all.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Imperialism epic fail.  :(

Siege

Yeah. I mean, what the fuck did we fight for?
We ain't got not oil, price at the gas pump still sky high.
I thought we were fighting for oil. I guess I was wrong.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Yep.  You were wrong Siege.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on August 12, 2012, 02:15:13 AM

Well I thought we were fighting to free the people of Iraq from a blood thirsty clique of maniacs.  Maybe you should re-examine why you fight?
PDH!

FunkMonk

I don't know about siege but I was there for China.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

The fact that nobody can agree on what the war was even about almost a decade later tells us why the public has so turned against it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Darth Wagtaros

I don't know Raz. Siege was a mercenary from the start, undoubtably hoping that cheap oil would help him in his political campaigns.  The rest of the country was solidly against WMDs and in favor of freedom.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on August 12, 2012, 02:15:13 AM

Lulz, you were fighting to avenge Texan honor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2012, 06:36:50 AM
The fact that nobody can agree on what the war was even about almost a decade later tells us why the public has so turned against it.

No, it's that nobody can be bothered to remember it.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2012, 06:46:42 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2012, 06:36:50 AM

No, it's that nobody can be bothered to remember it.

Okay, what was it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2012, 06:55:16 AM
Okay, what was it?

Nobody tries to whack Poppy Bush and get away with it.  Don't mess with Texas.  Giggity.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"