News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 11:21:59 AM
The NCAA Tourney this year is a big, hot mess.

Fuck it, I'm picking Georgetown.

My prediction is that Tim will do 250 brackets and then brag when one of them does well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2013, 11:24:06 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 11:21:59 AM
The NCAA Tourney this year is a big, hot mess.

Fuck it, I'm picking Georgetown.

My prediction is that Tim will do 250 brackets and then brag when one of them does well.

I never do more than one bracket.  Anything more is intellectually dishonest.  Assuming that you're doing them just for fun and/or bragging rights.  If you're actually putting up money, then hedging your bets is a reasonable thing to do.

crazy canuck

If you were counting on good basket basketball coming from the traditional powerhouses then yes indeed you were in for a disappointing year.

But if you were willing to watch some of the other games you would have seen some good games.

Even so the selection committee was still kind to the likes of Duke etc.

I like Indiana's chances.  I also hope the kid from Kamloops BC plays at the level of all the expectations being put on his shoulders.  During the selection show someone said Gonzaga would go far because he is the best player in the Country - of course he meant continent  :D

jimmy olsen

So, are we doing a Languish pool or not this year. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

We are, you just weren't invited. ^_^

i'll go start it now
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

katmai

QuoteButler, Creighton and Xavier will join the so-called Catholic 7 schools in the new basketball conference keeping the Big East name, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement will not take place until Wednesday, when it will be made in conjunction with a news conference on the league's broadcast deal with Fox.

Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, Marquette and DePaul left to form a new league for next season.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Pretty amusing story about SEC basketball coaches whining because their shitty league didn't get more NCAA bids:

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2013/03/19/sec-seeking-answers-after-getting-only-3-ncaa-bids

The answer to the SEC's problem is to create better basketball programs.  Alabama is not a tourney team - they lost to Mercer, FFS, and of their four games against rated teams, they suffered three blowouts and a closer loss.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Come on, guys.  We need more than 6 teams to make my victory look more impressive.

My '06, '10 & '12 Languish Tourney Madness trophies are getting lonely.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I'd love to but every year Yahoo fucks me over.

Was that Jerry Falwell's school in the play-in four?  Did they rebrand from Liberty Baptist to just Liberty?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 20, 2013, 11:57:22 AM
Fuck Obama, I am going back to being a Republican.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/entry?entryID=4267886

I have your boys in the Sweet 16 in my Bengals pool, Berkie :hug:

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on