News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I just noticed Butler is no longer in the Horizon League. Hooray! :)

Butler sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Hey Peedy, did Big Country go to Wyoming or Montana?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2012, 01:47:30 PM
Hey Peedy, did Big Country go to Wyoming or Montana?

Fat Country went to Oklahoma State, didn't he?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Big Sweaty went to the other Cowboys.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Hmmm.  Coulda sworn he was a mountain boy.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

And then he went to the Vancouver Grizzles where they had to put a person on him full time to make sure he worked out and ate properly.  It started to work.  He slimmed down and played pretty well.  Then the strike happened.  With nobody looking over his shoulder 24/7 he went back to being a slob.  Reported to camp grossly overwieght and out of shape.  His knees blew out within a month or two and that was that.

derspiess

Go Horns :punk:

WVU is struggling at home vs. Oakland :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Wahoo!!11 :w00t:  I...can't believe they won.  Heck with the Big 12 looking like crap this year these guys might actually have a chance at 3rd place.

Of course the NCAA chose to be a total buzzkill and announce DURING THE GAME that Kabongo was suspended for the season.  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I am confused by a sudden wave of positive feelings towards Rick Barnes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Wyoming is 11-0 and getting some (few) votes in the top 25 polls...

You are conflicted, Valmy?  I know I can't give in to feelings of hope, this is a University of Wyoming team, but they are doing so well.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 20, 2012, 09:01:20 AM
You are conflicted, Valmy?

I don't like Barnes.  His brand of Basketball is grind it out defense, Texas neither does the fast break thing nor the half court offense very well under his leadership.  The only time Texas' offense is any good is when they have a really talented point guard and those do not exactly grow on trees, even with Kevin Durant they had trouble scoring.  Without a TJ Ford or a DJ Augustine they are not getting out of the first weekend of the tournament.  Granted if he can get another one of those guys they will be fine but can we count on that?

Of course if anybody is any good they are leaving for the NBA after their Sophmore year at the latest even if they still have not really done anything in College but that goes for every major conference program these days.  Meh.

Alcibiades

Undefeated and #10 up against #12 Mizzou Saturday.

Not sure how to feel about this, we've sucked at all sports since I've been here.   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

grumbler

Illinois is for real, and would be a real contender in several conferences this year.  Unfortunately for them, the Big Ten isn't one of them.    They face a murder's row of ranked teams (8 of the 18 conference games will be against teams that went into conference play ranked in the top 20).  They do not, unfortunately for them, match up well against Michigan or Ohio, and they play both twice.  Still, they will make the tournament, probably with ease.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2012, 12:26:57 PM
Quote from: PDH on December 20, 2012, 09:01:20 AM
You are conflicted, Valmy?

I don't like Barnes. 

Well, Wyoming has the main guy under Barnes (when he was at Clemson) - Shyatt.  Very similar, tough defense, find a way to score, hit the free throws...still Wyoming is 12-0 after tonight, and that is rare air for this team.  I really would like to see Wyoming hoops return to the levels they were back in the 1980s, who knows - starting off a a season this way means that the team is at least playing better than they have for years.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM