News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

The meltdown of the EU4 forum after each and every patch/DLC is very frustrating to read (the vocal minority there are kids who treat the game as League of Legends, basically) but also mesmerising, I can't look away. :D

Poor Paradox.

garbon

Gross. Johan noted that their collected data suggests the most common nation to play in EU4 is....

a custom nation! :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2016, 11:51:43 AM
Gross. Johan noted that their collected data suggests the most common nation to play in EU4 is....

Well yeah if every custom nation gets to unify together how can Bremen compete :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Not OTTOMON EMPIRE!? :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sophie Scholl

I have yet to actually play as one.  The fact that you cannot just augment existing nations ruined it for me.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Maladict

Why?  :wacko:

garbon

It does seem very bizarre. I can't imagine the appeal in EUIV.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2016, 05:10:22 PM

It makes you really wonder who the average EUIV player is.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on April 07, 2016, 05:27:34 PM

My guess is AI.

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on April 07, 2016, 05:27:34 PM

As I said, the EU4 forums paint a rather bleak picture of that.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2016, 10:45:50 AM
The meltdown of the EU4 forum after each and every patch/DLC is very frustrating to read (the vocal minority there are kids who treat the game as League of Legends, basically) but also mesmerising, I can't look away. :D

Poor Paradox.

That said p'doc sort of deserves it. Been a while since there has seemed any sense of planning/design across or even within each dlc.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2016, 07:53:13 AM
Just roll your game back if you want to continue on old saves.

How is this done?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

So is Mare Nostrum any use? It seems to have crappy reviews on Steam.