News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2016, 12:44:19 PM
Ok, playing as Ottomans, I just took a bunch of land off of Poland. I have the option to release the Golden Horde as my vassals. Historically, they were Sunni. I am Sunni. The province they would get is Sunni. So of course, they would be released as Catholic.  :wacko:

The Tatar elites all saw the light under Polish rule :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

:hmm:

And then Marti and fhdz rejoiced...:o

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Just what the game needs, more provinces.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Eddie Teach

This game is kinda pissing me off right now. Seems the bigger you get, the weaker your armies are. No rivals = no power projection, so less mana income and no extra general. If you recruit extra generals, they suck military points every month and you start falling behind in tech. If you don't recruit extra generals, good luck fighting a multi-front war without a leaderless army somewhere getting stack wiped.

Don't get me started on the retardation that is forts and their movement rules.

garbon

As far as rants go, that one sacked.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

garbon

Eddie Teach

He would get stopped at the line. Much easier to tackle somebody who isn't expecting it, like a gunman.  :D

Anyway, escaped with another win and a dozen or so Polish provinces. Way more difficult and expensive than it should have been though.  <_< Especially annoying having Mexico invade my Canadian holdings.

Also, doesn't look good for getting One Faith achievement, even though I've been converting 6-7 provinces a year for a while. Maybe I'll try that one with a Catholic country sometime.

Zanza

Adding those provinces in Africa does nothing for the game and the area surely was a "wasteland" during the EU4 timeframe.

DGuller

It seems like EU4 was taken over by the modders, and their typical perception of game design balance.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on February 22, 2016, 02:06:38 PM
Adding those provinces in Africa does nothing for the game and the area surely was a "wasteland" during the EU4 timeframe.

Yeah. It isn't like it'll be particularly fun to play one of those new states (though I've no issue with expanded Madagascar) so I don't really see the point.

Valmy

Are there good sources for the African nations at this time who did not interact with the Euros or the Arabs? Or are these just guestimates based on where these nations traditionally were located?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."