News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

OHGamer is now working on a map for MEIOU and Taxes that he plans to release in 18 months. In his first screenshot, Alaska has about 40 provinces. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2015, 03:29:34 AM
OHGamer is now working on a map for MEIOU and Taxes that he plans to release in 18 months. In his first screenshot, Alaska has about 40 provinces. :hmm:

I thought that was a joke. It's not :bleeding:

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Maladict on November 19, 2015, 04:25:39 AM

I thought that was a joke. It's not :bleeding:

Link?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2015, 03:21:14 PM
Ok, question- I'm playing as Italy(Milan) and declared war on Aragon. Naples gave me military access. I marched my men down to besiege Sicily but they're just sitting around, not taking the provinces and I've got that stranded armies message you always get after a war when your armies are on foreign ground. However, I'm still at war with Aragon. Is this a bug or is it something silly like I have to keep my ships in the strait at all times?  :hmm:

Usually when your armies have that "stranded" status, you have to move them to one of your own provinces before they can be used again.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on November 19, 2015, 06:00:43 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2015, 03:21:14 PM
Ok, question- I'm playing as Italy(Milan) and declared war on Aragon. Naples gave me military access. I marched my men down to besiege Sicily but they're just sitting around, not taking the provinces and I've got that stranded armies message you always get after a war when your armies are on foreign ground. However, I'm still at war with Aragon. Is this a bug or is it something silly like I have to keep my ships in the strait at all times?  :hmm:

Usually when your armies have that "stranded" status, you have to move them to one of your own provinces before they can be used again.

Though I've generally found it works even if they go to lands where you just have access. I had forgotten to ask France for military access when I asked them for fleet basing. My fleet deposited troops who got the stranded status. I then got mil access and when I loaded and then unloaded my troops, all was good. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

:lol:

garbon

So I'm playing as Prussia and in 1785 (several years after a failed French revolution), the Emperor of France died leaving me as the leading partner in a union over the French nation. Spain has challenged me for France.  Without sending any troops, I've already 25% warscore as France obliterates Spain. :o

Jaron

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2015, 06:15:25 PM
So I'm playing as Prussia and in 1785 (several years after a failed French revolution), the Emperor of France died leaving me as the leading partner in a union over the French nation. Spain has challenged me for France.  Without sending any troops, I've already 25% warscore as France obliterates Spain. :o

:o
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

I take it you guys have never played Poland. Pretty fun watching Lithuania go crazy on whoever you're at war with.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Patch notes are apparently 18 pages long...

Liep

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 11:09:04 AM

The only important line:

- Denmark is now slightly richer at start.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 11:09:04 AM

And I know this is  a first-world problem, but it's one of the annoying things about EU4. Each time I get a handle on the rules of this game, they throw another patch at me.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Ooh, this change looks fun. :D

Quote- The remaining armies of a country annexed as a result of a peace treaty now become nationalist rebels.