And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: ulmont on September 07, 2015, 05:54:57 PM
No way can I afford a ducat / fort every 2 provinces after eating half of Africa.
:hmm: There's your problem.

Josephus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 07, 2015, 02:53:05 AM
Quote from: ulmont on September 02, 2015, 03:56:11 PM
I actively hate how the forts work out in practice.  Every pissant rebel gives 10 years of nationalism to your conquests every 2-3 years...

You're supposed to have interior forts too.

No way can I afford a ducat / fort every 2 provinces after eating half of Africa.

You don't have to though. I have a fort every few provinces, scattered about. yes in a war you can lose them easily, but the enemy has to seige nearby forts in order to claim them in a peace deal.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on September 08, 2015, 07:32:26 AM
:hmm: There's your problem.

I was trying to core Africa at like 10% costs by leaving the Mamelukes with 2 provinces separating them from the rest of the Ottoman Empire.  Probably should reestablish the connection and then see what happens.

Quote from: Josephus on September 08, 2015, 01:06:04 PM
You don't have to though. I have a fort every few provinces, scattered about. yes in a war you can lose them easily, but the enemy has to seige nearby forts in order to claim them in a peace deal.

As per the original comment, my problem is just dealing with the fucking nationalist rebels continually adding nationalism by insta-sieging a province.

Josquius

Africa being a net loss sounds pretty historical :)
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

While entirely cosmetic, I like that they are bringing back regional naming when you own significant areas of land in non-contiguous areas.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Might be an extension from a CK game that had that silly Sunset Invasion DLC?

garbon

Quote from: PRC on September 11, 2015, 12:10:55 PM

Nah, likely, as the DD sort of advertises, just away of showing the different times of names that will show depending on if area, region or super region (or whatever they called that).  After all, rest of Europe looks like standard 1444 start.

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on September 11, 2015, 12:10:55 PM

Might be. But some people really get into the whole 'Native Americans colonize the Europeans' thing. You have to admit it is really hard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."