And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Josephus on June 28, 2015, 08:43:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2015, 01:53:10 PM
I don't know when they added it (I didn't play much from when Art of War came out till now) but the ability to click on an army stack, click on an overseas province and then have game automate sending ships over to transport troops, as well as divide army stack into smaller transportable groups is awesome.

How do you divide armies into smaller transportable groups...or does it do it automatically also?

Yes it does, and merges them back together at the destination.

Josephus

Damn...never knew that. Was manually doing it myself before auto-transporting. :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on June 28, 2015, 09:17:52 AM
Damn...never knew that. Was manually doing it myself before auto-transporting. :lmfao:

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Wiz on important matters:

QuoteStop posting 'first' in threads

It adds absolutely nothing and nobody cares. I will be deleting these posts from now on and infracting repeat offenders.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2015, 11:01:17 AM
A rather pedantic one.
Not sure what the problem is.  If you're going with the choice of having a moderated forum, moderating "quality of life" issues like that is a pretty good use of your moderator powers.  Internet posters as a rule vastly overestimate the amount of play some joke or meme has, and need an outside intervention to cut the crap.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2015, 07:00:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2015, 11:01:17 AM
A rather pedantic one.
Not sure what the problem is.  If you're going with the choice of having a moderated forum, moderating "quality of life" issues like that is a pretty good use of your moderator powers.  Internet posters as a rule vastly overestimate the amount of play some joke or meme has, and need an outside intervention to cut the crap.

Fuck you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Way to add to the conversation, guys. No wonder we score so low on QoL. :(

Liep

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2015, 01:18:13 PM
Way to add to the conversation, guys. No wonder we score so low on QoL. :(

What's our QoL target?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Josephus

A few things I find are beyond comprehension. For instance I'm Britain. One of my colonies, New Colombia or something, DOWs a Spanish colony. Now Spain enters the war, dragging me in. Fine. But then all of Spain's allies also join, but I can't call mine in. Why not? So now it's me and my colonies against Spain, France and Holland. A disaster waiting to happen, especially since the AI is a stickler about accepting peace offers.

Further, what gets me is the speed with which the AI moves its troops. So I have 30K troops in South England about to invade Normany. As they are undocking, through satellite recon, the French troops in Holland are alerted to my invasion force and before my fellows can land in Normandie, teh French have moved 50K units from Holland to Normandie. They get there first!

Speaking of French, so since I lack satellite recon, I miss the fact that the French send 25 K units into Northern Ireland. Fine. I still have some 30K units in England that I immediately dispatch to fight the French. But of course, I lose, since I don't think I've actually won a land battle since EU2 V1.05.  NO problem, though. I did whittle the invasion force to half strength. I should be able to recover and rebuild and fight again. Accept of course the French regain full strength before me...this despite being in hostile territory AND sieging  a castle. :glare:

Before I can say "pardon", the French 25 K army has now occupied six British provinces....and remains at full strength

Don't mind me I'm just venting.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

And can someone explain relative power to me, in calculating liberty desire?
Civis Romanus Sum