News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

1544. 100 years after game start and I've formed the Mughals.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

shit, I got 32 players signed up to my tuesday game.... this might not turn out well
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on January 03, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
shit, I got 32 players signed up to my tuesday game.... this might not turn out well

:lol: Remember to post an AAR.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

No, I mean an AAR of the game crashing and burning from all the drama.

Viking

if it crashes and burns it will be because the hosts computer explodes

DGuller

I just read the rules.  Well, the first page of them.  With 32 players in the game, you may need to recruit a Supreme Court to adjudicate on all the grievances and allegations of rule violations.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2015, 03:46:30 PM
I just read the rules.  Well, the first page of them.  With 32 players in the game, you may need to recruit a Supreme Court to adjudicate on all the grievances and allegations of rule violations.

Thats why we have rule one. GM's word is Law. And it's much less complex than it looks.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on January 04, 2015, 04:05:26 PM

Thats why we have rule one. GM's word is Law. And it's much less complex than it looks.
What happens if you have to sanction the co-GM?  Who can overrule you in that case?

The Brain

What if someone betrays THE LAAAAW?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2015, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 04, 2015, 04:05:26 PM

What happens if you have to sanction the co-GM?  Who can overrule you in that case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM

Zanza

Quote from: Josephus on January 03, 2015, 08:41:00 PM
1544. 100 years after game start and I've formed the Mughals.  :)
Started a game with the Timurids myself to see how they play on the new map. I was able to reform the government after 44 years in 1488, got the admin idea set. I have Persia, Delhi and Malwa as vassals, but it takes ages to annex Delhi and will take forever for Persia.
Not really sure if it is better to conquer once you became the Mughals (lower coring cost) or if it is better to do it early with your Nomad CB. Hmm.

Josephus

I'm thinking of leaving Persia alone in my game. They're pretty good at sending troops to fight with me, and will also act as a buffer against the Ottomans and the more advanced western nations. I'm thinking of going after Baluchistan next. I am having some rebellion issues right now, expanded too quickly and paying the price.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

The Reign in Spain: (see what I did there? the pun? yeah?)

Portugal and Spain had agreed borders in the Iberian Peninsula. These were so-called Historical Borders, though nobody knew what that was about. Some clever clogs in Toledo suggested that this meant the King of Portugal got every town where they liked eating eggplants and the King of Castille got everything else.

Granada, the vile infidel, was attacked. In a well run war the catholic provinces of the Andalucia were liberated. Shortly afterwards the campaign to liberate Porto was initiated against Galicia. In cooperating with Portugal Porto and Braganza were returned to Portugal while Leon and Salamanca were returned to Castille. Never mind that there is no history, y'know, in the first two they eat eggplants.

After doing some digestion of Galicia and Granada the mightly Castillians found themselves Coalitioned by AI Navarra. Fortunately we had fabricated claims on all their border regions AND they neither had allies not other coalition member or even had an army. Talk about bad decisions. Navarra was vassalized and their Castillian provinces were annexed to Castille.

Now, after being vassalized Navarra decided to permit Bourbonnaise military access. The King of Castille reacted with shock and horror to see 12 thousand Bourbonnaisians decent on Iberia.. what was this then? Well it turns out that Aragon was guaranteeing Brittany. So with glee in his heart the King of Castille offerd the Bourbonnaisians 200 ducats to have them conquer aragon, the province, so he could vassalize aragon, the country, in one go, and then see aragon the province returned to aragon the vassal. The deal was struck and teh combined armies (joke, I know) of Aragon, Galicia and Guyenne were defeated. Aragon was vassalized, Austurias was conquered from Galicia to Castille and Labourd (a basque culture province north of the pyrenees) was conquered to basque culture Navarra.

After that war Catalonia was attacked to unify Aragon. In a relaivel short war Pirineo was retunred to Navarra and Girona and Roussilon, both Catalan provinces, were given to Aragon.
In other news Castille picked Exploration and reached Explo2 and is about to start colonizing. Castille has a 4 shock general as King and a 3/3/5 heir. The future looks bright.

Europe at session start in the lobby

Castille during the invasion of Catalonia

Castille at end of session

Aragon and Navarra are Vassals.

Mini AARs start from this post at paradox:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?826165-Primi-Pauci-et-Intrepedi-VI-Tuesdays-20-00-23-00&p=18669870&viewfull=1#post18669870

There is a stats list, England, Bourbonnaise, Holland, Lorraine, Provence, Castille, Portugal, Venice, Naples, Tunis, Morocco, Switzerland (played by Tamas associate Anatron), Bohemia, Brandenburg, Hansa, Sweden, Poland, Tuetonic Order, Hungary, Byzantium, Knights, Ruthenia, Golden Horde, Crimea, Georgia and Syria are players.

Solmyr

Looks like budding drama in there.